Why become a member? ×

They banned relax but kept playing......

Nicko

12 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

And it's easier, too!

I don't see how.. I mean, have you ever tried to catch a hipster in a butterfly net?  It usually takes several attempts.  They're a bit like squirrels - the beard acts like a decoy in the same way that a squirrel tail does.

Fly paper doesn't really work with hipsters though, I agree.

13 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Ah, you're going about it the wrong way. Lay bait of a bowl of Frosties with a £7.50 price tag. They're temporarily distracted whilst trying to find a machine which will let them pay by waving their phone over it. It's then that you pounce, death metal LP in hand!

I thought hipsters wanted everything to be "authentic". Therefore they would be paying by cash - probably in groats or guineas.

7 hours ago, lonestar said:

I had to go to his house once back in the '80s when I worked for the Beeb. In his basement along with his extensive record collection was a signed framed gold disc from Frankie for relax

Which part of Aunties' glorious empire were you working in?

(another ex beeb man)

Just now, lonestar said:

I worked in the darkroom at picture publicity in the West End an then assistant photographer at Television Centre

Our paths may have crossed, I was in TV News picture library and then on attachment as Clive James' picture researcher for a few years. Started out in BH in 1980-2, TVC until 96, KH 88 until 91 or 92.

8 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Our paths may have crossed, I was in TV News picture library and then on attachment as Clive James' picture researcher for a few years. Started out in BH in 1980-2, TVC until 96, KH 88 until 91 or 92.

I was at Cavendish Square 82-84

then TVC ‘84-85

Chris Capstick, lovely bloke, was on attachment with us from TV news while I was there

8 hours ago, lonestar said:

I was at Cavendish Square 82-84

then TVC ‘84-85

Chris Capstick, lovely bloke, was on attachment with us from TV news while I was there

I was in TVC basement (VT) from 82 until 85 or 6, then moved up to the 4th floor spur when I got a job with News, apart from the attachment to Doc Features in Ken House 88-91/2 that was where I stayed until I left in 96. 

We were certainly in the same building for a couple of years, though.

10 hours ago, FinnDave said:

I was in TVC basement (VT) from 82 until 85 or 6, then moved up to the 4th floor spur when I got a job with News, apart from the attachment to Doc Features in Ken House 88-91/2 that was where I stayed until I left in 96. 

We were certainly in the same building for a couple of years, though.

Yep we had our photo studio in the basement. Probably queued  for a sausage roll at the same coffee bar upstairs 

Small world. We were lucky to have worked there at a great time, pre-John Burt for me !

1 hour ago, lonestar said:

Yep we had our photo studio in the basement. Probably queued  for a sausage roll at the same coffee bar upstairs 

Small world. We were lucky to have worked there at a great time, pre-John Burt for me !

I had the (mis)fortune of meeting John Burt. You're not wrong at all!