Why become a member? ×

Has anyone got my old PRS bass (blue)

AndyTravis

4 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

No, but I also had an EB which I had to sell and wish I hadn’t. They are great basses.

I had it when I wasn’t in a band, and on its own I didn’t enjoy it as much as my jazz - I also had to buy a car at the time so it went to that fund.

The 2010 Co-Habitation Act accounted for mine. That pre-set EQ made it seem like a one-trick pony at first but it was one hell of a trick and capable of so much more once you spent a bit of time with them. Good luck with your search.

prs_1.jpg

prs_8.jpg

17 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Why am I seeing some of these basses with bird inlays and some without? I thought they were as standard a PRS feature as yellow cones on Markbass cabs? Is it something to do with year of manufacture maybe?

I'm not sure where this bass fits in the timeline but the PRS bird inlays started out as a feature on one of PRS' top of the line guitar models before eventually expanding to most of the rest of the range over the years.

Edited by Cato
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

Why am I seeing some of these basses with bird inlays and some without? I thought they were as standard a PRS feature as yellow cones on Markbass cabs? Is it something to do with year of manufacture maybe?

Optional ☺️

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
13 minutes ago, luckman67 said:

Yeah. SoundAffects...

It can stay there, think I sold it at a small profit, but nowhere near that.

Anyhow, it’s lovely - if I was more flush, I’d offer £1100 to get it back. 

I’d be lucky to offer £11 at the moment 

Edited by AndyTravis

14 minutes ago, luckman67 said:

Ouch. Unlucky Andy.

Strangely enough, I’ve just been considering trying to trace a couple of basses I owned, although I’m sure I won’t be able to afford one of them. That one is my old Wal Pro IIE, s/n JG1162. It cost me £1800 but would doubtless be twice that now. Not that I can afford £1800 either! 

The other is an Ibanez SR5 BB LTD (Buckeye Burl) I briefly owned:

There are a couple of others I’d quite like back - my old Sei headless Flamboyant in buckeye and my old Ric 4004 Cheyenne II (although I suspect the reason I sold that, an issue with the body contouring, would still be a problem) but I know the current owners won’t sell them. Which may be a good thing all round. 😉

22117E16-01E0-400D-B76D-DBD99B3F4461.jpeg