Why become a member? ×

Swing Bass low B silk argghhh!

Probably could trim the silk away I guess? I was just a bit disappointed 🙁

I've used Rotosound  Swing Bass and Roto Bass strings on and off for years and not had problem with sets on a 4 string. I've been enjoying gigging this NGC Nanyo SB325 for the last 14 months (Thanks GreenKing) and thought oops! definitely time for a string change. I've popped a spare Warwick Red Nickel on for now.

• Like 2

I also have had this it limits string choice, so i drilled and fitted feral through body stringing just for the B well i actually did the E as well whilst at it, but this depends on your bridge, the other reason it is worth doing is i am also fed up of trying to wind over long strings round the post top end, so this adds enough flexibility for a happy life

P1010458.JPG

• Like 1

On 08/06/2019 at 16:37, misterdistortion said:

Probably could trim the silk away I guess? I was just a bit disappointed 🙁

I've used Rotosound  Swing Bass and Roto Bass strings on and off for years and not had problem with sets on a 4 string. I've been enjoying gigging this NGC Nanyo SB325 for the last 14 months (Thanks GreenKing) and thought oops! definitely time for a string change. I've popped a spare Warwick Red Nickel on for now.

Gave up RS66 for WR a long time back. Superior string. 

• Thanks 1

I'm on a bit of a journey with extended range basses and getting the best compromise between feel, tone and cost for strings. I think this Bass Collection 325 came with DR Sunbeams on, so maybe I've been a bit spoiled for the last year or so ( they only recently started to sound slightly off)?

Sunbeams are quite pricey compared to the competition and I had the Swing Bass 6 string set from my previous foray into the world of 4th down/4th upness, so used them, the Warwick Reds were bought as a backup fortunately.

Going slightly off topic, what else should I be considering? I've been very happy with DR strings (Blues) on guitar and currently have Roto Bass on the 4 string Jazzbass.