Why become a member? ×

Tc Electronics RH/RS reviews

Wonky2

Tonight’s rehearsal was a different experience to last week, different room...

does the combo want to be place close to a wall or away from it ? 

I found it boomy when close to the wall but lost when away from it and having to be driven harder....

is there a optimum distance ?

Edited by Wonky2

I would generally place a bass cab away from a wall, to avoid the boominess you describe.
Perhaps there is an optimum distance, but remember that will also apply to walls opposite the front of the speaker - which will usually be closer to you in a rehearsal room than most live situations you're in. Were you in the exact same rehearsal room as last week, or a different one? Was the layout and distribution all the other gear the same? 

Another thing to think about, is slightly leaning the speaker cab backwards. There was a thread about this, some time back on here. It was quite interesting and there was a useful diagram, demonstrating what happens to the sound when you do this.

On 15/06/2019 at 13:13, Williams4S said:

RS cabs will always sound great, they are very underrated and undervalued as TC is no longer flavour of the month.

Agreed, my 212 is really good - happy enough to want a 210 to match. Like the 450, not many come up used so I may have to shell the £500 for a new one.  I think the RS cabs are up there with the current sexy names, but like you say they have fallen off-trend for now.

On 08/06/2019 at 12:07, Lozz196 said:

I’ve used an RH450/210/112 stack and it sounded great, plenty of power and a nice core tone to it. 

Probably the rig I've still got ;)

I can't see any reason to change. Loud, light and compact.

Edited by Low End Bee
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Wonky2 said:

Tonight’s rehearsal was a different experience to last week, different room...

does the combo want to be place close to a wall or away from it ? 

I found it boomy when close to the wall but lost when away from it and having to be driven harder....

is there a optimum distance ?

I find my RS212 sounds better when im not standing too close to it. Try moving further away. I also tend to drive mine harder when im standing close to it, but on the recordings i do of the rehearsals its very loud and clear.

I sold my RH450/RS210 rig several years ago to a local bass player... he recently gave up playing and was getting shot of all his gear so I bought the rig back for an embarrassingly small amount of cash just because it was such a good deal... know they have had their day in the sun at this stage but its still a great sounding rig for pretty much any genre and will cope with reasonably large rooms too... I'm very happy to have it back again 🙂

• Like 1