Why become a member? ×

Vigier Excess 4 *SOLD*
£750
Margate

jay-syncro

Here we have my hand made in France Vigier Excess 4. This is my first Vigier and I really love the unique neck concept. To the uninitiated, these basses have a solid carbon support rod in the neck and no truss rod. The relief is factory set (very slight relief) and the playing action is adjusted via the comprehensive bridge. It's quite liberating to know that whatever the gig conditions are like, the bass will remain consistent. 

The quarter sawn maple neck is a pleasure to play. It's a little wider than a Jazz bass but feels slick and fast in the left hand. The lightweight Schaller tuners keep everything balanced and tuned to perfection. The neck is practically mint. 

The passive single coil Benedetti pickups sound glorious. The EQ is quite extreme (18db boost) but I find subtle changes can offer a great deal of variety. The most useful knob by far however is the pan pot. The neck pickup is incredibly full and deep sounding and the bridge is very articulate and funky. Combine various degrees of the two and you're pretty much covered tone wise! 

Despite the minty fresh neck, the body is showing a few signs of use. It has a ding near the recessed jack socket and some buckle rash. The Vigier comes with a rather nice burns gig bag which is very similar to my Protec Contego. 

IMG_20190607_131343.jpg

IMG_20190607_131426.jpg

IMG_20190607_131615.jpg

IMG_20190607_131645.jpg

IMG_20190607_131458.jpg

IMG_20190607_131439.jpg

IMG_20190607_131532.jpg

IMG_20190607_131523.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

£750?! That's amazing!

These basses look so much better with the scratchplate.

I'm always open to higher offers 😁

I have to agree regarding the scratchplate. It gives the bass a classic look. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...