Why become a member? ×

Sold2007/8 JB 62 Export Custom - Seafoam Green, Matching Headstocksold
£650
Milton Keynes

King Tut

Meet Veronica. She's a Japanese JB62 made for the export market with some upgrades. She's from 2007/8 and bears the 'Crafted in Japan' label. She benefits from the following alterations:

• Wizard 84 Pickups
  • Badass II Bridge
  • Vintage Style Tuners (although non reverse) from a MIJ Fender
  • Hootenaney Button
  • Dunlop Straplock Tuning Pegs
  • Gorgeous Seafoam Green Nitro finish from Andy Viccars inc matching headstock
  • '64 style decal
  • Earthing strip removed, body drilled to accept earthing wire from bridge to cavity
  • Cavities shielded with copper foil.
  • Groovy Aum sticker on pickguard (happy to remove before sale)
  • Mint pickguard imported from The States.

This is a well used bass and the parts do show signs of use. By nature, nitro is a delicate finish and there are marks to the body including some light buckle rash on the back. I've tried to photograph the marks as best I can but some haven't come out as clearly as I'd liked - so maybe I should describe it as slightly roadworn.

The front pot has a slight crackle. I can't guarantee the electrics are original.

Reddish mark on the back of the neck - no idea what it is - been there since I've had it.

Incredibly dark and lovely rosewood board

She's set up with a reasonably low action. No significant dead spots or wolf tones and she's an extremely resonant bass that has received lots of compliments on her sound.

I used this bass when the band I was in supported Madness at Northampton Cricket Ground!

I've sold this bass on once and bought it back again, so won't be disappointed if it doesn't go.

Hard to price, but looking for £650. Only trades would be something Mustangy or one of the Fusion range of GK Class D heads. Messages regarding other trades will be ignored. I'd much prefer collection from Milton Keynes so any potential buyer can check her out in the flesh, in which case she'll be supplied in a leatherette slip case. I am prepared to post at buyer's cost and risk. Most couriers won't insure musical instruments unless shipped in a hard case. A good quality hard case can be added for an extra £50.

Thanks for looking.

P1080768.jpg

P1080780.jpg

P1080781.jpg

P1080782.jpg

P1080783.jpg

P1080784.jpg

P1080785.jpg

P1080786.jpg

P1080787.jpg

P1080788.jpg

P1080790.jpg