Why become a member? ×

2U amp sleeves/head case

Pow_22

Im after an amp sleeve rather than the usual rackcase type offerings but all I can find on the likes of eBay etc is ratfur covered efforts.  The tolex ones seem to go for an absolute fortune.  I know I could go to the effort of buying the rat fur ones (which are around £25) and recover it but im surprised at the this seemingly big gap in the market.  Anyone ever comes acorss the tolex sleeves at all that aren't in the sort of £75+ bracket?

Good quality rack cases/sleeves etc. are always more than you think they are going to be - even shelves and blanking panels etc. seem pricey... I guess they don't do enough volume to be able to make them cheaper? To solve the problem on the cheap you could try and find a secondhand tolex covered 2u case, and use it without the lids, or maybe locate a beyond-repair amp already in a suitable sleeve that you could re-use (like a Trace Elliot) ?

Other than that, recovering something like the fuzzy wotsits you've already seen is probably the only way to do it for less than £50... unless someone knows different, in which case I'd be grateful to hear about it as well!

• 2 weeks later...