Why become a member? ×

What the f**k!

theplumber

So it's nearly bed time and I am browsing Gumtree,as you do. I spot a bargain bass,about 20 minutes from my house. Its a short scale Squier Jaguar,in black, Quick as a shot I phone the lad who is selling and arrange to pick up the bass straight away! There was one picture up and some sort of tape,the electrical type black tape over the headstock,but hey,maybe that's what ''the kids'' do to their guitars these days. I think,well it may be something for messing around the house with or even a cheap backup bass to keep in the car.As you can see,the lad had decided to do some mods on it.....What the actual f**k!!!!!

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

Edited by theplumber
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

Christ on a bike.

Failed attempt at an 8-string mod? I count more than six holes on that poor old headstock...

That's what I was thinking... except there's about 10 holes in there... :D

Edited by bartelby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

it wasn't unusual in the day of steel pedal bikes for riders to drill holes in relatively unimportant components such as pedal cranks and handlebar stems to save weight. Quite a few ended up in A&E following the complete collapse of the part in question. That headstock ain't going to put you in A&E, but I certainly wouldn't want to put a set of La Bella Deep Talkin' Flats on there 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Twigman said:

Half surprised this thread hasn't descended into yet another series of cheese puns, given the gouda like headstock.

Puns weren't the think that first sprang to mind. But, if it were me, I would have gone for "Holy Moly!!!" as thread title...

Edited by bartelby

The headstocks on those are a bit neck dive inclined, but I doubt you'd lose much weight with those piddly holes! The small ones might be for guitar tuners for a VI conversion considering there's been a bridge replacement too, but damned if I know what those big ones are for!

I expected some damage,maybe a scratch or even cracked. For the price,I thought it would do a turn,just for bashing about the house. The guy put one picture up,which was out of focus. When I got the guitar,his mum was cooking something horrid in the kitchen and I didn't hang about. I think it might have been his dad....

• Haha 3