Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR870

Jonathan Bee

Cracking bass for the money, i had the deep twilight model which was flawless very slim fast neck and adjustable string spacing bridge. The Barts "i"m sure" are spec built for Ibanez dont know how they compare to american versions but plenty tones to play with i thought. All in cant go wrong -only downside is the resale price they don't seem to keep their value for some reason, cheers

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

Cracking bass for the money, i had the deep twilight model which was flawless very slim fast neck and adjustable string spacing bridge. The Barts "i"m sure" are spec built for Ibanez dont know how they compare to american versions but plenty tones to play with i thought. All in cant go wrong -only downside is the resale price they don't seem to keep their value for some reason, cheers

Thanks man 🙂 that's the model I've been drooling over... now if I can just find a 2nd hand one!!! 

• 7 months later...

I have the SR870-DTF... I absolutely love it... I often get complimented on the tone.  It's quite a beefy warm full tone down low but there is plenty of brightness higher up... in fact, I'm reluctant to change the strings on it even though it could probably do with a new set as I'm really digging the warmth of the tone at the moment.  I generally play with 50:50 split between pups and with the mids slightly scooped and I think it sounds great!  Resale value not an issue for me as I have no intention of selling it 🙂

• Like 1