Why become a member? ×

I'd like a P, please, Bob....

mangotango

I filled the P bass hole in my life - that I wasn’t aware I had until I played this particular bass - with a heavily relic’d Limelight. It was light, very resonant, had a jazz neck that was really nicely worn in and it sounds great. It’s probably a keeper....

Bass Centre Bruce Thomas Profile - shortly after selling mine to Mr @stewblack (for tax reasons) I missed it terribly, saved and got another. Excellent neck profile (hence the name) between a J and a P,  smooth satin back that doesn't get stick, gorgeous darkwood board...and the passive pickup is thunderous! Best bargain, and in fact one of the best basses, I've owned.

http://www.basscentre.com/british-bass-masters/bruce-thomas-profile.html

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kevsy71 said:

Bass Centre Bruce Thomas Profile - shortly after selling mine to Mr @stewblack (for tax reasons) I missed it terribly, saved and got another. Excellent neck profile (hence the name) between a J and a P,  smooth satin back that doesn't get stick, gorgeous darkwood board...and the passive pickup is thunderous! Best bargain, and in fact one of the best basses, I've owned.

http://www.basscentre.com/british-bass-masters/bruce-thomas-profile.html

It's still my favourite. Gets played more than all the others. Best business I ever did

• Like 2

I've just taken a bit of a punt on a Bacchus Woodline Classic P bass and I have to say that it's tremendous.  Slightly smaller body than a Fender, so lighter and beautifully made (in Japan).  For the avoidance of doubt Bacchus on the left and '66P on the right :)

My phone has done weird things with the 3TSB both look miles better than the pics.

1245522404_BacchusandFender02.thumb.jpg.801ec5535c29330b3ef2f0723d11618d.jpg

1538570387_BacchusandFender01.thumb.jpg.39eb5279621fbcc7e919eeae338fe5b9.jpg

Edited by ead
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ead said:

I've just taken a bit of a punt on a Bacchus Woodline Classic P bass and I have to say that it's tremendous.  Slightly smaller body than a Fender, so lighter and beautifully made (in Japan).  For the avoidance of doubt Bacchus on the left and '66P on the right :)

My phone has done weird things with the 3TSB both look miles better than the pics.

A nice pair, sir! :)