Eisen

Wal Mk3 Bass 6 string fretted
£5270
Germany

I`m selling my 1995 Wal Mk3 6string w.original Wal logo Hiscox case.
Shedua Facings
Mahogany Core
Ebony fretted Fretboard
Hipshot UltraliteTuners
Service at Wal HQ in 2015

weight 11,2 lb or 5,1 kg on a bathroom scale

the bass is in Germany

I`m selling because I don`t play fretted basses anymore and own a walnut Wal Mk3 fretless 6string which I mainly use.
I`m asking 5.950,00 Euro or 5.270,00 GBP (exchange rate per 05.06.19) for this well kept bass.
Maybe trades with fretless Wal basses are possible.

P1090864.JPG

P1090870.JPG

P1090874.JPG

P1090879.JPG

P1090877.JPG

P1090867.JPG

P1090868.JPG

P1090869.JPG

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Incredible! If I had the money, this would be on its way to me now.

Edited by TolerancEJ
  • Like 1

Never, ever seen a fretted 6 Wal like this. I would love to hear the sound of it! Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

Ok - officially hot under collar at that wiring diagram. How tidy is that?!

Yes, still for sale! I did not put much pressure on the sale, so it does not pop up every week 😎

• Like 1

Don't think the hiscox case is original!  Much nicer than the heavy flexy fibre-glass things you got in the 1990s.

Having a MK1 4-string and a MK2 5-string.  I should buy this to complete the set ... and to get a nice case too!  Bass fund exhausted however 😁.  Another few years maybe.

(Is that a very nice ACG in your avatar too Eisen !)

@NickAThanks for the compliments! You are right, this is a 2015 Wal Case...the "original" went to the USA. Yes, and the ACG is another great british (scottish) invention! Here are "Two of a perfect pair":

IMG_4416.thumb.JPG.bd860cd600273643fdaa2fd8b81d372f.JPG

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I can offer a little history to this. 

I came back to bass around 2012 after a long break and went through just about every type of instrument out there, trying to find something that gave me the sound I wanted in my head. The collection waxed and waned as I searched, getting into double figures at one point, then I bought this... 

Off the back of that I ordered my two custom Wal sixers which are the only basses I have owned since. When I collected my first one (2015) I had sold this to someone over in Germany. I took the bass to Paul when I picked mine up and he did a full service and returned the tuners to hipshot ultralights (the previous owner had some Gotoh ones on there). The bass was then shipped direct from Wal HQ in the case intended for my new one. I have the original case for this bass. It’s a full flightcase covered in stickers and it is so heavy it is of little practical use. If you’re into back injuries I would happily swap it back... On the bass itself, this instrument ended my quest for what I consider to be the perfect bass tone. It has all the growl, power and bell like clarity at the top end you will know about if your interested in this anyway. A wonderful instrument...

Edited by CamdenRob

Also I haven’t been on here in ages and have no idea why the text in my previous post is so enormous 😕

• Like 1

@CamdenRob Thanks for adding your part of the history👍.I appreciate that! I once had a Mk2 5er with the original Wal flightcase. Because of it`s length and the heavy weight it was nearly impossible to carry it around for a small guy like me, so I sold it...I was stupid enough to let the bass in it!😖

Don`t mind the enormous letters...they suit the bass fine...