Why become a member? ×

Tons of bass effects and a two amps one lead bass!

PUREJOYPEOPLE

Any bassist who can hold down a groove whilst taking on the lead vocals gets my respect!! 

And in Royal Blood Mk II style, you've managed to dispense with your guitarist! Nice one! :) 

Definitely got me interested in checking out your other material.

Snapshot of PJP's bass pedal board for anyone else interested:

Pedal Board - PJP.png

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Any bassist who can hold down a groove whilst taking on the lead vocals gets my respect!! 

And in Royal Blood Mk II style, you've managed to dispense with your guitarist! Nice one! :) 

Definitely got me interested in checking out your other material.

Snapshot of PJP's bass pedal board for anyone else interested:

Pedal Board - PJP.png

That's awesome :) Yes, we were heavily inspired by RB. Very different musically but still basically rock ;) We cant wait to release what we'e been writing. Thank you for the kind words! 

• Like 1

Nice work!

Currently in the early stages of my own bass/drums two piece. Just started rocking a Mustang bass also. I’m still a little short of what I want in terms of the dirt on my octave up element of the sound but getting there. Just need to pick up a few more dirtboxes to find something I’m happy with.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

Nice work!

Currently in the early stages of my own bass/drums two piece. Just started rocking a Mustang bass also. I’m still a little short of what I want in terms of the dirt on my octave up element of the sound but getting there. Just need to pick up a few more dirtboxes to find something I’m happy with.

Love it! It will be a journey for sure. I have found some fantastic avenues for recording and getting tons of sounds but live is still a work in progress. If what I have seen from what other  successful two piece operations is true, they never stop looking for better ways to create their sounds ;)  Please share whenever you are comfortable! 

• Like 1

I got some great sounds using a Mooer Tender Octave (POG clone) going into a Bass Whammy (for +5th or divebombs etc), into a Joyo American Sound (Fender amp sim), to a TC Mimiq (stereo doubler).

I was only messing about at home going into headphones, but the Joyo did a great job at faking the distorted guitar amp and the Mimiq takes it to another level giving a stereo spread, makes it sound huge (although prob unnecessary if you actually have multiple amps on stage)!

If you really want to mess with people's heads, add a guitar player that plays basslines through an octave down pedal, Seven Nation Army style. :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

I got some great sounds using a Mooer Tender Octave (POG clone) going into a Bass Whammy (for +5th or divebombs etc), into a Joyo American Sound (Fender amp sim), to a TC Mimiq (stereo doubler).

I was only messing about at home going into headphones, but the Joyo did a great job at faking the distorted guitar amp and the Mimiq takes it to another level giving a stereo spread, makes it sound huge (although prob unnecessary if you actually have multiple amps on stage)!

If you really want to mess with people's heads, add a guitar player that plays basslines through an octave down pedal, Seven Nation Army style. :D

haha! I love the idea of messing with peoples heads hahahaha... If we ever have a guess up with us, now I know what they have to do!