Why become a member? ×

Andertons masterclass, what to expect?

uk_lefty

So I've signed up for my first ever lesson/ masterclass after playing for over twenty years. I'm off to the Andertons Marcus Miller masterclass. There's very little info about it, though I've seen YouTube videos of other similar things I don't know what to expect. I guess I take my bass...? Has anyone been to an Andertons masterclass event before? Or a Marcus Miller one? Any insight gratefully received. I bought a ticket as I live Marcus' playing and thought they'd sell out quickly, now slowly bricking it...

I wouldn’t think you’d take a bass. They’re usually more of a demonstration than anything. At least that’s my experience of both music shop ones, and ones when I was studying music at uni.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Thanks for all the replies. The info was very scant. I'm happy either way, but the logistics of getting a bass there after work, if it were required, would have been a nuisance.

One of the reasons Andertons want you there is to goof you product, so I wouldn’t worry about getting your hands on a bass or two!

I'd guess Mr Miller's visit is connected to Andertons position as the UK's biggest Sire dealership.

I'd be surprised if Marcus isn't playing a Sire for most of the event and I'd imagine there may be a few Sire's available for the atendees to check out as well.

Edited by Cato

4 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

One of the reasons Andertons want you there is to goof you product, so I wouldn’t worry about getting your hands on a bass or two!

If the OP plays lefty, he may end up not finding a bass he can use unless he brings his own. Don't ask me how I know...