Why become a member? ×

New Fender FSR P/J Mustang

Osiris

2 hours ago, Meddle said:

I stuck a bigger bridge on my PJ to balance it out. To my eyes the pickups look to small on a normal Mustang.

I've thought about changing the bridge to something bigger on my P/J Mustang too, what bridge have you fitted to yours? 

I've also found a couple of black Mustangs with maple fretboards on Reverb which look great too, although I just wish they didn't have tort scratch plates, nasty things that they are 🤮 😀

I can't find any other information about them online and the seller's are in Europe. Make of that what you will. 

https://reverb.com/item/23255553-fender-fender-mustang-bass-special-edition-pj-maple-neck-black

ytisyybtj4qgl41lvh8q.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Osiris said:

I've also found a couple of black Mustangs with maple fretboards on Reverb which look great too, although I just wish they didn't have tort scratch plates, nasty things that they are 🤮 😀

I can't find any other information about them online and the seller's are in Europe. Make of that what you will. 

https://reverb.com/item/23255553-fender-fender-mustang-bass-special-edition-pj-maple-neck-black

ytisyybtj4qgl41lvh8q.jpg

Yeah that’s the nicest version for me, but I’m a sucker for black/maple. I thought these were sold in the US only, weren’t they a CME exclusive? 

20 hours ago, martthebass said:

I know it's being picky but I just think the standard BBOT bridge looks wrong on a 'Stang.  It needs to look like this.......loving the maple board though.

Mustang.jpg

Totally agree (and maple fingerboards on mustangs are also wrong!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ade on Bass said:

Now that pushes my buttons! Just a beautiful thing! Love it!

B407C9F0-1FAF-4C72-A89D-01583E8D1123.jpeg

I was in the market for a Mustang when this came on the market. I was really torn, I was driving on my hols and going up the M1 through Rotherham where this is based so could've picked it up. BUT . . . . . I lurve maple necks and the FSR really floated my boat so that's what's won out - although I've got to wait until I get back before I can take delivery. Got to drive back through Rotherham so must resist temptation to buy another!!