Why become a member? ×

Fender Nate Mendel Precision Bass *Traded*
£650
S Wales

Bobby D

Ok...this one hurts. Fabulous Nate Mendel P loaded with an Aguilar AG4P 60’s pickup. Strung with D’addario Chrome Flatwounds. Plays beautifully and sound wonderful. Bought from jbasst here on BC.

Can't say much else...too emotional.

Link to jbasst's sale here:

NM1.jpeg

NM2.jpeg

NM3.jpeg

NM5.jpeg

NM6.jpeg

NM7.jpeg

NM11.jpeg

Edited by Bobby D
  • Like 2

Adding this to all my listings as although I'm getting some awesome trade offers the only thing that could really sway me would be a pre EB Stingray in Sunburst...the more roadworn the better!! Or a 4003.

Cheers

Rob

23 hours ago, Bobby D said:

Adding this to all my listings as although I'm getting some awesome trade offers the only thing that could really sway me would be a pre EB Stingray in Sunburst...the more roadworn the better!! Or a 4003.

Cheers

Rob

I have a Pre EB in Two-Tone Sunburst very road worn all original including case? But do I want another Nate Mendel? let me see............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Combed20 said:

am I right in thinking the neck on this is thinner than a usual P?

1 hour ago, Bobby D said:

Yes that’s right mate

Worth knowing for those who don't like chunkier P necks - thanks :)

Maple w/ Rosewood Fingerboard- Slim "C" '71 Shape- 7.25" Radius (184.1 mm)- 20 Medium Jumbo Frets- 34" Scale Length (864 mm)- 1.615" Width at Nut (41.02 mm)- Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish

From an interview with him:

“It’s a pretty typical P-Bass,” he explains, “but I had different pickups put in, and a thicker bridge. The main thing was trying to get the shape of the neck right. In the batch of 1971 basses that mine came from, I think that they were trying to split the difference between the feel of a Precision neck and a Jazz neck. It’s a little wider than a Jazz neck, which for me feels a little crowded.”

Edited by Bobby D