Why become a member? ×

Chuffed with new purchase

la bam

As part of my real job in events, I'm constantly working out ways to minimise kit, without compromising on quality. Ie same kit, but better packaged and less trips and space taken up in van.

So, today, I've been chuffed to bits for my new custom flight case from the brilliantly helpful guys at swan flight cases.

I needed a case to fit:

1.bass guitar.

2.amp (quilted 800).

3.helix stomp.

4.cables.

I sent swan all the dimensions and I'm chuffed to bits with the results.

I didn't have my bass or helix with me, but here's a photo of the bass case with the amp and a few cables in.

So I now have everything I need (bar cab) in one case - bass, cables, speakon, amp, and in the helix everything I'd every need - di, tuner, amp modeled, volume, recording, and every type of pedal going. All in a lightweight package.

Well worth doing if you have similar kit.

20190604_102003.jpg

Edited by la bam
  • Like 13

33 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I think it's a great idea with the advantage that you can conveniently have all of your kit nicked in one little opportunist's swoop.

Oh well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine. 😉

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I think it's a great idea with the advantage that you can conveniently have all of your kit nicked in one little opportunist's swoop.

Haha, well hopefully not, its hopefully kind of the opposite - reduced trips to and from car loading up and packing down, so everything should be with me all the time. Either in house, in car, in venue, then car, then house. No leaving doors open doing a few trips etc or stuff getting mixed up on stage or in a pack down.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, la bam said:

Haha, well hopefully not, its hopefully kind of the opposite - reduced trips to and from car loading up and packing down, so everything should be with me all the time. Either in house, in car, in venue, then car, then house. No leaving doors open doing a few trips etc or stuff getting mixed up on stage or in a pack down.

I take your point.  Just think of me as the divil's advocate.

14 hours ago, M@23 said:

Looks great, dare I ask how much it weighs, unloaded? 

I was gonna ask how much it weighs fully loaded. Great concept, personally I'd also have fitted some wheels to keep my knackered old back happy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

I was gonna ask how much it weighs fully loaded. Great concept, personally I'd also have fitted some wheels to keep my knackered old back happy.

Next to nothing really. It's just a standard case weight with a bass in, plus:

1.6kg for the amp head.

Not too much different for the helix.

And the weight of a few cables.

And the handle has been designed to centre the weight.