Why become a member? ×

UK BLUES CHALLENGE 2019

Jack_Stroud_Bass

Blatant self-plug but our band "The Achievers" have been chosen as a finalist in the UK BLUES CHALLENGE  Whoop, etc!

It's essentially an audition - with an emphasis on originality. Whoever does the right set on the night will go on to represent the UK in the  European Blues Challenge (Netherlands 🇳🇱) and International Blues Challenge (Memphis, Tennessee 🇺🇸).

We're excited. And encouraged!

Gig is at the Bluefunk Club, Poynton (Stockport) Cheshire, on the 14th Sept. 2019.

EDIT: Typo in title changed. Oops!

Edited by Jack_Stroud_Bass
EDIT: Typo in title changed. Oops!
  • Like 4

I have just booked a night in a small cottage, on air bnb for the Saturday night.....busy month of music and travel for me ...the following week I am going ( again) to the Wotton-under Edge Blues festival.😎

@TeebsI think it'll be an evening do- haven't got proper times yet but will likely be announced shortly.

@Raymondo has become the un-official Achievers mascott. Let's just say it wasn't a surprise to see him nursing five pints of Guiness when we arrived at a pub in Dover not so long ago! Hope you got back safe Ray!

Love the Wotton-Under-Edge fest- it's a great weekend, and super local for us too :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack_Stroud_Bass said:

I kinda wanna ask what SWMBO stands for... But I'm not sure I should!

Yes you too mate, we can have a proper bass geek out while the others aren't looking haha.

Now come on @Jack_Stroud_Bass you know very well that we all have to stand around talking about Arron's unusual drum kit!🙄

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As  @Jack_Stroud_Bass is far to busy practicing his stage dancing to update this I'll let all you eager beavers...I'm looking at you here @Teebs ..Know the details...

Venue as in the OP

Time ...doors open 18.30 finish around 23.15pm

Tickets  £17.50 (plus booking fee) seated and £15.00 (plus ...well you know the rest!) standing

Advance sales only

https://www.seetickets.com/event/2019-ukblues-challenge/bluefunk-rhythm-blues-club-poynton-cheshire/1392483

Here ends a public service broadcast by Raymondo on behalf of the very wonderful band...…….

The Achievers

Get them while they're  hot ladies and gentlemen. 

Edited by Raymondo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Raymondo said:

As @Jack_Stroud_Bass is var to busy practicing his stage dancing to update this I'll let all you eager beavers...I'm looking at you here @Teebs ..Know the details...

Venue as in the OP

Time ...doors open 18.30 finish around 23.15pm

Tickets  £17.50 (plus booking fee) seated and £15.00 (plus ...well you know the rest!) standing

Advance sales only

Here ends a public service broadcast by Raymondo on behalf of the very wonderful band...…….

The Achievers

Get them while they're  hot ladies and gentlemen. 

Nice! :)

Thanks for that (TLRT to follow - I've run out again).

I'm planning to go with Mrs Teebs, so I'll get tickets.

Looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

Thanks @Raymondo for the heads up!

Pleasure to catch up with you at The Prince Albert on Fri night, really enjoyed playing our set Thanks for par-taking in the purchase of the new album too- hope you enjoyed it!

@TeebsBrilliant- looking forward to meeting you at the Blues Challenge, it's a bit nerve wracking, but we're really enthused to be asked to play, especially since we're really on the fringes of the "blues" genre. In any case, we're well chuffed!

• Like 2