Why become a member? ×

1966 Ampeg B-15N
£2199
Wroclaw

boroman

Beautiful B-15N from 1966 - produced in this option for less than a year (single-baffle cab/navy blue tolex/B15NF circuit). It sounds phenomenal - rich and creamy bass tones due to original square magnet CTS speaker. Amp was recently serviced with new caps, new foam inside cab, NOS tubes, grounded power cord and 1/4" input (if you know those amps, you also know that the pins are so small that they can easily break when connecting, so this is common upgrade. Original 5-pin is still there for sometic and historical reasons). Everything was set up, biased and cleaned. 

Shipping to EU/UK is £70

66-00.jpg

66-01.jpg

66-03.jpg

66-06.jpg

66-07.jpg

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, sblueplanet said:

A work of art as well as the tone of a thousand + hit singles 🤖

Agreed.

There were 3 versions of that cabinet and let's say 2 major version of circuits in B15N. This one is single baffle, a total "thump" tone with p-bass. Later thiele cabs had more bass anbd were kind of nasal in the mids, but I like it too. Never cared for the double baffle early ones... 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, lovetheblues said:

I have the same model and love it!  Mine also has a connection to the Beatles, Stones and others that makes it even more special to me!

IMG_1341.PNG

Yeah! Lovely. Congrats! These are real holy grail sound machines when properly serviced. What's the story behind Beatles/Stones it has, If I may ask? I have 8x10 cab that belonged to Phil Lynott and some time ago I sold V4+4x12 cab that was Johnny Ramone's one (from NY studio).

• 3 months later...