Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Maintenance

jonunders

14 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve got to hide it now, thanks to you 😂

Use this 'setback' to further build upon your relationship by demonstrating a wish to share your partner's interests. For example: Beauticians are sharply divided about the merits of nail buffing e.g.

"You risk wearing away the surface of your nails, making nails thinner and thinner, more and more weak. Extensive buffing causes heat as well which makes the nail surface brittle and prone to chipping.

"If you have healthy, moisturised nails, they’ll have a pretty natural shine without mechanical buffing".

Explain to your spouse that you were thinking only in her best interests by rendering her nail buffer inoperable and that it is your intention to purchase some nail moisturiser for her. Better still, book her an appointment at a local nail bar and bank the brownie points against your next incoming bass.

Edited by skankdelvar
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

There's one odd fish in every barrel...

You can't say that sort of thing anymore!

You have to say something like "There's one special fish in every barrel (NB. not all fish or barrels are the same, and they are all equal and precious)"

Otherwise you'll have the Fish People writing complaining threads on here... O.o

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skankdelvar said:

Use this 'setback' to further build upon your relationship by demonstrating a wish to share your partner's interests. For example: Beauticians are sharply divided about the merits of nail buffing e.g.

"You risk wearing away the surface of your nails, making nails thinner and thinner, more and more weak. Extensive buffing causes heat as well which makes the nail surface brittle and prone to chipping.

"If you have healthy, moisturised nails, they’ll have a pretty natural shine without mechanical buffing".

Explain to your spouse that you were thinking only in her best interests by rendering her nail buffer inoperable and that it is your intention to purchase some nail moisturiser for her. Better still, book her an appointment at a local nail bar and bank the brownie points against your next incoming bass.

I like that,  you’re so good at this 😀

4 minutes ago, Teebs said:

You have to say something like "There's one special fish in every barrel (NB. not all fish or barrels are the same, and they are all equal and precious)"

Otherwise you'll have the Fish People writing complaining threads on here... O.o

Right you are. I probably also shouldn't have said barrel...

Firing pin!

88mm Shell!

Damn, I think I've got Ordnance Tourette Syndrome. Which is a real thing, that I probably need help for. 😬

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Teebs said:

Codswallop!

• Haha 1