Why become a member? ×

June Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

June's Composition Challenge is now underway!

Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner, fingers211… 

june 19.jpg

Rules:

Avoid excessive swearing

Make sure you have permission to use any samples 

Keep it under 5 minutes and write it during the month of the challenge

Still none of that funny business

The deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday 23rd June.

Must admit , I’m struggling with a way in to this one , but as it’s p1ssing down here , I will abandon my garden construction and sit down with a couple of home brews tonight and see what happens.

im away next week so if I don’t get something best part done , I’ll be buggered  getting one in :(

... and there I wuz, politely 'following' the previous Voting topic, waiting patiently for announcement of the June Challenge. DQFcX8c.png

Never mind; I'm here now. Now then, what comes to mind. Regal theme..? Court Jester..? Suspense..? Ah yes, Suspense... How to evoke Suspense without Scottish Skirling, eh..? Hmm...

[Sits down, stroking beard, trying to imagine a Pipe Band marching towards a steep cliff-top edge, oblivious of the danger, when suddenly...]

Here is my contribution to the June 2019 Basschat Composition Challenge, inspired by a picture chosen by the previous winner: Fingers211.
A Regal Romp, with a touch of Suspense in parts. Assembled from a wide selection of samples from various sources, suitably adjusted for tempo, pitch etc with Reaper. Litttle treatment, just a basic 'NY Glue' for the instruments, another for the drum tracks, and a final bit of 'tu*d polishing' with Ozone.
Thanks for listening, if you already have; if you're about to, enjoy.

You are Syd Barrett and I claim my £5..! DQFcX8c.png

XHlPYfU.png

[Note to Skol: Go on, add 'im to the list. What's the worst that can 'appen, eh..? 'e'll only go and win, that's all, innit..! wx5vRxD.png ]

Edited by Dad3353

(Mutter... Mutter... Darned if 'e ain't gonna go an' win... Mutter... Bloomi' cheek, steppin' in after t'bell... Mutter.. Mutter... Just watch 'im run away with the score... Mutter... Mutter... an' 'e'll be wantin' a Certificate, too..! Mutter... Mutter... Mutter...)