Why become a member? ×

** WITHDRAWN ** £1850 Sei Bass Flamboyant 5 Fretless - Trade options added
£2000
Dorset

rockdog

Price drop to £1850 - grab a bargain.

I bought this last year from Goldbass via The Gallery. I really hoped my fat little fingers would get on with the beautifully shallow neck profile but sadly I am not getting the best from it.

Martin dates it at early 2000's and it is in amazing condition for a 15+ year old bass. One very small dent on the bottom of the front face - photo attached. Other than that it is immaculate.

Incredible build quality. Martin and John have an enviable ( and justified ) reputation and this one is a beaut.

Specs:

Madrone Burl front and back, and matching peghead. 

Ash wings

Flame maple / Wenge 7 piece neck

Ebony board lined with Mahogany ( very subtle ), blue LED's on the fret lines

Bartolini MM pup with series / parallel switch

ABM piezo bridge with piezo preamp ( internal controls ) to balance output with mag pup - set and forget.

Schack 18v preamp with internal dips for BMT centres / boost, volume and blend. Tone controls work on both mag and piezo.

Gotoh tuners, dunlop strap locks. Strung with Daddario chromes.

Weight on my scales just over 8lbs

Hiscox hard case.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Would trade for a Rob Allen 4 string fretless or other quality 4 string fretless - Sei, GB, Shuker, ACG, Sadowsky, Lull etc

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Edited by rockdog
withdrawn from sale
  • Like 6

No. 66? I have no. 68! (I’d post pics but don’t want to confuse your sale) Almost exactly the same config as yours, except 4 string with a single Lane Poor MM pickup. Never going to part with mine I’m afraid (made for me by Martin), but best of luck with the sale!

cheers!

Andy

I was talking about this to Martin when last in the Gallery (Buying a used 4 string fretted flamboyant - I’m now a 2sei family!) and neither of us could quite pin it down, either 2000 or 2001 we think, which would certainly place your #66 in that time too.

Andy