rockdog

** WITHDRAWN ** £1850 Sei Bass Flamboyant 5 Fretless - Trade options added
£2000
Dorset

Price drop to £1850 - grab a bargain.

I bought this last year from Goldbass via The Gallery. I really hoped my fat little fingers would get on with the beautifully shallow neck profile but sadly I am not getting the best from it.

Martin dates it at early 2000's and it is in amazing condition for a 15+ year old bass. One very small dent on the bottom of the front face - photo attached. Other than that it is immaculate.

Incredible build quality. Martin and John have an enviable ( and justified ) reputation and this one is a beaut.

Specs:

Madrone Burl front and back, and matching peghead. 

Ash wings

Flame maple / Wenge 7 piece neck

Ebony board lined with Mahogany ( very subtle ), blue LED's on the fret lines

Bartolini MM pup with series / parallel switch

ABM piezo bridge with piezo preamp ( internal controls ) to balance output with mag pup - set and forget.

Schack 18v preamp with internal dips for BMT centres / boost, volume and blend. Tone controls work on both mag and piezo.

Gotoh tuners, dunlop strap locks. Strung with Daddario chromes.

Weight on my scales just over 8lbs

Hiscox hard case.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Would trade for a Rob Allen 4 string fretless or other quality 4 string fretless - Sei, GB, Shuker, ACG, Sadowsky, Lull etc

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Edited by rockdog
withdrawn from sale
  • Like 6

Happy to trade for a quality 4 string fretless - Acoustic / electric - Rob Allen, Sei, GB, Shuker, ACG, Lull, Sadowsky etc.

No. 66? I have no. 68! (I’d post pics but don’t want to confuse your sale) Almost exactly the same config as yours, except 4 string with a single Lane Poor MM pickup. Never going to part with mine I’m afraid (made for me by Martin), but best of luck with the sale!

cheers!

Andy

Thanks Andy. When this goes I will be talking to Martin about a 4 string fretless - what year was yours built ?

I was talking about this to Martin when last in the Gallery (Buying a used 4 string fretted flamboyant - I’m now a 2sei family!) and neither of us could quite pin it down, either 2000 or 2001 we think, which would certainly place your #66 in that time too.

Andy

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DanTM
      Hello there !

So I fell in love with a Sandberg which I've already ordered and since I am not Richie Rich I need to sell something to raise the funds for this aka live in peace with the mother of my children.

I have to admit that this move is stupid since it burns the money I've spent in the blink of an eye but the love for the Sandberg is so strong ..... I don't care.

Up for sale is the Warmoth PJ project that has just been finished and is built from only highclass parts. So far has been played on for maybe 3 hours so it is like new !

Warmoth Custom Body
      Model: Chambered P Bass®
      Orientation: Right handed
      Scale: 34"
      Wood: Flame Maple on Mahogany
      Contours: Contoured Heel / Tummy Cut / Forearm Contour
      Battery Box: No Battery Box Rout
      Top Finish: Transparent Purple
      Back Finish: Transparent Purple
      Finish Type: Satin Finish

Warmoth Custom Neck
      Style: J Bass®
      Orientation: Right Handed
      Neck Wood/Hals: Roasted Flame Maple
      Fingerboard/Griffbrett Wood: Ebony
      Nut Width: 1-1/2" (38mm)
      Fret Size/Bünde: 6150
      Tuner Ream: BML (17.5mm)
      Radius: 10"
      Scale: 34"
      Fret #: 21
      Pre-Cut Installed String Nut/Sattel: GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut
      Inlays: Cream Face Dots
      Side Dots: White Side Dots
      Stiffening Rods:Standard Steel Rods

I put several layers of TruOil on the neck and put one seal of wax on it in the end - Feels just awesome and looks amazing !

Tuners: HipShot UltraLite
      Bridge: HipShot Style A Aluminium Bridge
      Pickups: Sandberg Black Label
      Electrics: Noll TCM 4 XM (B 2083) - Runs with 2 x 9 Volt batteries = 18 V for more headroom
      Potis: 3 x Tandem
      Pins: Schaller Security Locks
      String retainer: Sandberg

At the moment it is set up for D Standard --> DGCF

4,5 KG

This baby was put together by a professional luthier in Germany (Acys Guitar Lounge). It received the best treatment and all the routings and the electric cavity was shielded professionally.

This is what it cost me:
      Pickups: 230 EUR
      Bridge: 130 EUR
      Electrics inkl. Potis: 200 EUR
      Body and Neck incl. shipping and all taxes: 1500 EUR
      Tuners: 145 EUR
      Security Locks: 20 EUR
      Luthier costs to put it together professionally: 630 EUR

In total: 2.855 EUR

I put it up for sale for 1.800 GBP inlcuding ...

... shipping to anywhere within the European Union
      ... standard Sandberg Gigbag
      ... higher insurance

I am not interested in a trade

You can play and pick it up in Munich/Germany and pay in cash if you want to. You can also pay by bank transfer (You cover the transfer costs) or by PayPal (Family & Friends only)

If you want to I can make more pictures.

• By podvodoy
      For sale this amazing Lakland 55-94 DLX  Fretless in cherry sunburst 
      price drop £1049

specs can be found on their website http://www.lakland.com/55-94.htm 

A big scratch on the body (see pics), scuff on the neck and ding on the head, hence the price. Was acquired already being like this about 10 years ago, hasn't become worse, plays all well. 

Serial No 6423  

Comes in Gator hardcase

Bass in London, paypal or cash on pickup

Can ship for £36 extra (parcelforce 24h) to UK mainland

• By Pietro Razzino
      Bass, made by an italian luthier, 4 strings, fretless. PIEZO
      Neck thru body.
      Upgrade made by Pierluigi Cazzola (Laurus) with:
      Bridge on crossbar consisting of 4 single ABM saddles each with Graphtech piezo.
      Active / passive electronics with volume, medium and low settings. Height adjustment on trimmer in the electronic compartment.
      Brass nut with autonomous height adjustment for each string.
      Signs of wear visible in the picture.
      Fantastic: sound very similar at the double bass.
      Very light. Very comfortable handle. Very low action.
      I sell with soft case, with extra hard case.
      Shipping included.
      ...The sound in these songs

• By lowregisterhead
      For sale is a Steinberger Spirit XT-25 fretless. I bought this on the 'Bay a while ago, something of a spur-of-the-moment purchase. It's actually a lovely bass with great tone and playability, but I slightly overestimated my abilities on fretless, so it hasn't had a great deal of use! I know they say you should persevere with these things, but I'm getting old and cantankerous, and I'm looking for the path of least resistance these days...
      I can't seem to find a new fretless version of this bass online, and it's not listed on Steinberger's website as a option, so the fretless fingerboard must have been added later. If so, whoever did the work made a nice job of it.
      It's in good used condition (see photos) with a lovely rosewood fingerboard, and everything works. It plays beautifully, and sounds great. Comes complete with its gig bag. The price is £275 £250 including shipping within the UK. Sorry, but I'm after a straight sale, so no trade offers please.

• By Ted Theodore Logan, III
      In order to avoid alienating the “traditionaly sane" members of the Basschat community, I have arranged the following advert to be compiled in two parts. 

Part One will detail; 
      · The item for sale
      · The asking price 
      · The option for delivery/collection 

Part Two will contain; 
      · Mostly nonsense
      · Incoherent babbling
      · The ramblings of a mad man

Both parts will be void of any humour (naturally) 
      and absolutely no content contained within Part Two should be taking likely and can not be held against me in my forthcoming sanity plea...

Part One

Item Description

model: Sandberg California II TT4 Fretless Bass Guitar
      finish: 3 tone Sunburst Matt
      electronics: Sandberg AlNiCo Passive Jazz Pickups
      controls: Volume, Balance, Tone
      hardware: Sandberg Locking Tuners & Sandberg Premium Bridge (matching black)
      neck: Unmarked Fretless
      fingerboard wood: Rosewood 
      scale: 34inch
      weight: 4.4kg
      case: Sandberg Padded Gig Bag
      condition: Mint
      price: £1045

Shipping

insured courier: £40 approx (location dependant)
      collection: Free
      part-meet: Cost of fuel

Those interested in purchasing this instrument should completely and utterly disregard any further text.
      Thank you for reading.

Part Two

So basically, back when I was slightly more deluded than I am today, I purchased a number of Fretless Bass Guitars with the notion that I could master a Fretless instrument with little to no actual effort being made on my part. Needless to say, I was wrong...
      Whilst it might not be “Racket-Silence" or “Brian Sturgeon-ary" to learn how to play a Fretless Bass Guitar, I will come clean right now and just admit that I am far too lazy to continue with anything that doesn't go my way immediately or pretty soon thereafter... I wouldn't go as far to say that I'm a defeatist but let me put it this way; If I flip the switch on a kettle and it ain't plugged in... the tea ain't getting made! Same goes for if ain't got no water in...
      So anyway, I'm now in possession of an all-round awesome German-made Sandberg California II Fretless Bass Guitar that just isn't getting played and even when it is actually getting played it's actually not getting played, it's just more or less just being held whilst I slide a finger up the D string and listen to it go “Mwahhh"... and then back down the D string to hear it go “Mwohhh"... I will sometimes repeat this three or four times before returning the gorgeous instrument to its lovely Sandberg padded case...
      To be honest I'm a little miffed as the sales person who sold me the instrument told me that “Sandberg's literally play themselves". I think what they meant to have said was “Sandberg's figuratively play themselves" because, believe me, this instrument does NOT play itself. Not that I ever tried connecting it to an amp and leaving it in a stand next to my record player whilst I played it classic funky Motown tracks in the hope that it might play along... Ha, ha!! No, that'd be stoopid!!... Ha!!.. ha, ha...   Actually, come to think of it, maybe I just didn't have the volume up loud enough... ... I'll try again tomorrow... 
      So I'm not making any promises but this instrument might actually play itself!!...
      The Sandberg is a passive bass meaning that it is entirely non-violent and fully compliant. It has AlNiCo Jazz Pickups, possibly something to do with Al Pacino...
      The fingerboard is Rosewood or possibly a Pau Ferro which I'm assuming is the creator of the material but it looks like Rosewood but apparently it's actually a Pau Ferro which I have no idea what a Pau Ferro is... But it might be the creator but I'm not sure... But it's actually probably Rosewood... Let's go with “Ro Ferro" 
      The hardware is black and all of it is, so that looks pretty cool... Err, it's also got a pickguard for those of you with really long scratchy “Nosferatu" nails or terrible “punk-like" strumming technique...
      Anyway, the finish is rather interesting. That's “finish" not “Finnish" though I'm sure the Finnish are also rather interesting... but in regards to the Sandberg's body finish, this finish is actually a 3 tone matt sunburst finish which is rather close to the tobacco sunburst finish but somewhere in between that finish and the regular sunburst finish. So altogether a pretty unique looking finish...
      Anyway, that's the finish!!

Oh!! If you're actually interested in the Sandberg, visiting times are daily between 08:00 - 10:00 & 16:00 - 19:00 unless specifically requested in advance.

Enjoy the grainy pics (apparently “the camera has been drinking, not me...")

You'll notice these pics have been taken in the recreational room as my outside privileges have temporarily been revoked because of Steve claiming that I took his red rubber ball, which I didn't.  I just held it for a bit and then I lost it... AND!! I didn't “back-up" the staff toilet by trying to flush it!!  That's not at all what I did!..