Why become a member? ×

Sold! Epiphone Thunderbird Classic Pro (Sunburst): Sale or My T Bird for your P
£250
Liverpool

biro

I always wanted to try a Thunderbird properly, so I bought this one. It is really impressive, and succeeds in the impossible quest of making me look cool. The Gibson pick ups are really something special, the neck can be made exceptionally straight, and the action can be set as low as you want, really. It is also surprisingly light, which was welcome news to me.

The Gibson pick ups are growly and thicccc, and, as the video demonstrates, they oddly work well for playing Bach, which I did not expect.

However, the longer I play, the more I blame it for not being a Jazz. Clearly that's not its fault, but mine—it's just that I always revert to a Jazz. So I am putting it up for sale. Nothing terribly urgent here: it's in very, very good conditions, minus a small ding, which I have endeavoured to capture in as much detail as I could. But it's really not that evident.

Ideally this would be picked up from Liverpool. I don't have a case.

Trade wise: I would be interested in a Squier Classic Vibe / Vintage Modified J or P. Not interested in other Js or Ps, sorry.

Shipping is possible. (I have a box, not a case, but I am good at packing!)

MBcfoBURT%OdV6uGEhwKxg_thumb_41d.jpg

A+U0GeFCQvyQShiZBERGHw_thumb_41c.jpg

xGO1YmzNRbW369JmblXhQQ_thumb_41b.jpg

V0rKS%GmQQm5MZX32xHLXw_thumb_418.jpg

Edited by biro
Other trade options added
  • Like 1

I had one of these kicking around for a while. It was truly a great bass and everything in your listing rings true. sustain was awesome with barely a dead spot. pickups were thunderous and the action went really low without buzz problems. Hardware was solid as a rock.

And shockingly cheap for what you get!

GLWTS.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic