Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!! Patrick Koopman (Stevie Vai) Custom 5 offers considered.
£750
SCUNTHORPE / LINCOLN / DONCASTER

Dandelion

Hand made by Patrick Koopman (Stevie Vai's guitar tech) in the Netherlands. Build cost was £1800. I acquired it in a trade with Aero71 whom incidentally, is a total gent. 3.9 kilos, 34" Scale, 5 piece maple/wenge graphite reinforced neck, 45mm nut, Ash body,  Bartolini 72MV5K splitable dual coil pickup, front coil, back coil, series, parallel settings. Seymour Duncan STC-3M3 preamp, with "Slap setting " via the pulling out of the volume pot. light weight Schaller carbon fibre/aluminium tuners, ABM Bridge. The colour is changeable, it looks like claret/red wine, but it also looks like candy apple red depending on the light. On stage it looks amazing. There was a minor issue with the string tree which is now rectified, the original string tree pulled out when I tried the bass with flat wounds, so I replaced it with a different type of string tree and all is OK, the original holes have been filled with resin, as can be see in the photos, I will send the original string retainer with the bass so it can be reinstalled if required. The bass can now cope with flatwounds no problem.  

It plays perfectly, and there is a small bruise to the finish on the body, near the lower horn but the paint/finish is not damaged. It is just an indentation which is difficult to photograph .  There are no electrical crackles. The knobs are smooth running with a nice "greasy' resistance. 

I think this bass is unique, a while ago I contacted Mr Koopman to ask for build details about this bass, but I forgot to ask him if this was the case. There is certainly no other examples on the Internet that I can find. He has a website, take a look. 

More details can be sent if required. Bye for now.

DSC_0677~2.JPG

DSCPDC_0001_BURST20190531181117291_COVER~2.JPG

DSC_0676~2.JPG

DSCPDC_0002_BURST20190531181101638_COVER~2.JPG

DSC_0674~2.JPG

DSCPDC_0003_BURST20190531181046474_COVER~2.JPG

DSC_0673~2.JPG

Edited by Dandelion
Sold

Well spotted.. There is a picture of it on the Lakland thread.. I have internal shots of the 'gubbins' if required. I contacted Mr Koopman for the original build details too, just to confirm them, as there is little info on the Web. 

Edited by Dandelion