Why become a member? ×

floor stand for Jazz, offsets

Soledad

Seems most stands are made for guitars with basses an afterthought - some don't like the long necks and feel close to falling over. Then there's the offset body issue. Any recommends please - specifically for my Jazz?

These little Hercules stands work well too

http://herculesstands.com/international/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/single-stands/gs402bb/

the cradle arms that the bass rests on are hinged so can move horizontally to accommodate the offset body shape. Not quite as stable as the larger neck grab stands but they fit nicely in a gigbag!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muppet said:

http://herculesstands.com/international/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/single-stands/gs402bb/

the cradle arms that the bass rests on are hinged so can move horizontally to accommodate the offset body shape. Not quite as stable as the larger neck grab stands but they fit nicely in a gigbag!

+1 to this. I’ve just bought one as it can accommodate my (very) offset Wingbass.

13 hours ago, Muppet said:

This looks ideal for me, I want something compact. The cradle arms moving so it takes the offset is exactly the thing I need. I'll order one.

Thanks all 👍

p.s. done already - one-click Amazon £21. Really easy spending dosh with one-click innit :) 

Edited by Soledad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soledad said:

This looks ideal for me, I want something compact. The cradle arms moving so it takes the offset is exactly the thing I need. I'll order one.

Thanks all 👍

p.s. done already - one-click Amazon £21. Really easy spending dosh with one-click innit :) 

Don’t want to rain on your parade but those little stands are great however the bass does mean back quite a bit so in some aspects they take up more room - don’t get me wrong I have one too and they’re amazing but I have a neck grab type too which has a smaller ‘footprint’ kinda as shown here. Depending on your intended purpose that may or may not be an issue 

A4EEECCF-E9C3-412A-91EC-06B6F99FFC2B.jpeg

4CB00FE7-F5E8-47EE-BA12-855DCFBC0D9E.jpeg

13 minutes ago, ped said:

Don’t want to rain on your parade

Well, wipe your muddy paws @ped :) Get what you're saying but I'll be OK with it I think, so long as it's reasonably stable. Should be able to fold it and take it places as I often have one fretted and the fretless on the go.May end up getting a neck-grab type also. This one will be way better than what I have at the mo. though.
Thanks for the tip, I don't mean tip like falls over...

• Like 1