Why become a member? ×

Meris HEDRA

tonyxtiger

This is sadly not a full review but the HEDRA is out and I had a quick play today. 

Impressive tracking. Really good. This won’t replace all the fat analogue octaver pedals already there. They do what they do. HEDRA is different. The polyrhythmic delay possibilities make it something new. But the option of three sub octaves at once is pretty great.

It’s a digital pitch shifter, obviously.  Very similar to my eventide pitchfactor with many of the same features but in a smaller box. 

Tap tempo is there but quite short delays available but that’s because you have three , YES THREE pitch channels. Lots of scale settings and various delay settings with stereo, crosstalk, etc  

it gets pretty wild but even on simple octave up settings it’s a great thickener for the bass for two piece, three piece bands . 12 string tones are easy and you can even detune the pitch of the octaves slightly for a natural chorus.

also, there’s a cool function when you hold the tap tempo footswitch down you get a nice pick dynamic based volume swell on your notes .

I’m sure lots of YouTube clips will start to appear soon but in the meantime it’s worth a play on one if you’re curious .

• Like 4

• 1 month later...