pete.young

Walkway seeking bassist

This has just popped up on joinmyband and I thought it deserved a wider audience. I know the band, they're a great bunch of lads and excellent at the style they play.

Popular established rock band Walkway, from Diss, East Anglia seek Bassist.

Busy touring schedule (shows across the UK) with paid work until the end of 2019 and gigs already booked for 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: Our tour schedule for 2019 can be shared with our current dep Bassist.

Large repertoire of original and cover material to learn.

You must be:
* Committed
* Hard working
* Take pride in what you do
* Focus on attention to detail and play to the song
* Have own quality gear
* Can drive
* Backing vocals and 5 string players are a big advantage

We want someone that wants to have fun, but strives to develop and be the best that they can be.

Male and Female Bassists welcome.
All ages considered, however personal presentation will be taken into account.

Please send all details, examples etc to: [email protected]

Yeah I enquired a couple months back although I’ve got lovely long blond hair own teeth pro gear transport BVs and don’t mind getting the beers in at 58 years old was told I’m too old even though the ad says all ages considered,I suppose I my age was considered but was considered to old

hope the band get their man as they are one of the best bands I’ve seen for a long time when it comes to original bands

the last two great bands I can say we’re great was iron maiden  and Angelwitch,backin the day,that was when I was a keyboard man

blimey I am old

Interesting question on whether a band can discriminate on grounds of age. An employer absolutely can't, and any company that explicitly said that a candidate was too old would be walking into court and out again a lot poorer.

• Like 1

Yeah but even though I’ve got my lovely long blond hair,own teeth like women and don’t mind getting the beers in I can see where the guys are coming from it’s their loss and I’ll go see em one day as I don’t live too far away and yes you are right but there is too much cow poop nowdays so I’m not gonner let it ruin me life and I hope they get their man cos they are seriously good

They are good , but whoever gets this gig , has to realise that they're just there to show off the brothers .

They've had a steady stream of Bassists and Drummers over the last 10 years - no one stays long .

That wouldn’t bother me in the slightest as I normally get a good groove going with who ever is on sticks so it would be a good show