Why become a member? ×

Urge Standard MIM re-wire....

solo4652

I have my eye on a Fender Urge Standard MIM.  It's all original, with 2 J pickups, active pre-amp, and concentric tone pots. That's two complex for my brain, so I'd want to modify it to always passive (no pre-amp), simple vol/blend/tone control layout. Would this be possible with the original pickups and a new wiring loom from Kiogon? 

Thanks, 

Steve

Looks like you can Steve. Whilst checking out the model on t'interweb it appears that someone on TalkBass has removed the pre-amp and wired direct to the jack and the pickups are really hot. I lost the will to live looking for the post but it appears the pickups are normal Jazz type.

Only problem is the Standard only has 2 holes for the controls and you want 3. Are you proposing a stacked Vol/Tone and the blend separate?

I've decided this bass isn't for me. While I like the idea of a downsized body, and the 32" scale, I've never really been a fan of active basses in general, or J-basses in particular.

So, my quest for a decent 32" scale, passive P-bass (or MM style bass) continues, while I desperately try not to gawp at the redburst medium scale Jake on the Bassdirect website. Dammit.

Edited by solo4652