Why become a member? ×

Looks daft sounds wonderful.

julesb

I use Ashdown mini 4x8 and 1x15 cabs (with upgraded drivers) with either an Ashdown MK 500 or Mesa Walkabout head as my "compact" rig - they're superb and robust little cabs, and the entire rig fits in the boot of my hatchback without needing to put the rear seats down. :i-m_so_happy:

Looking at the pic in the OP - wouldn't it work better with the 4x8 on top, or does that block ventilation slots on the combo?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shaggy said:

I use Ashdown mini 4x8 and 1x15 cabs (with upgraded drivers) with either an Ashdown MK 500 or Mesa Walkabout head as my "compact" rig - they're superb and robust little cabs, and the entire rig fits in the boot of my hatchback without needing to put the rear seats down. :i-m_so_happy:

Looking at the pic in the OP - wouldn't it work better with the 4x8 on top, or does that block ventilation slots on the combo?

I think your're right that it would look better the other way round but you can take the lid off the MB for ventilation and it would indeed cover that hole so rather than risk it I stack it this way. The 4x8 is a great little cab but the revelation for me with this amp is adding the cab and running at 500 watts. It was always a good combo but now it just sounds brilliant. This could be the simple fact I'm just shifting more air but whatever the reason I love it. The problem for me is that I have a stiff load cover in my car and the MB will not fit under it so I have to travel with it on my back seat and it's why I'm thinking of selling it. I wouldn't hesitate to have the head and separate cabs...

On 27/05/2019 at 18:48, julesb said:

MB Cmd 210 paired with an Ashdown ABM mini 4×8. Not one for the visual purist but wow it sounds good. Adding a cab to the MB turns it into something else all together.

20190517_164355.jpg

It must be powerful, it's blown you right out of your shoes! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...