Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Peavey Max 800 watt amp
£250
Byker

cd_david

Incredibly rare in the U.K. Peavey Max 800 watt amp. 

Flightcase with front and back lids, bi amp or full range 800 watt min 4 ohm load. Pre and post fx loops, cross over, 8 band hi/low eq, DI, line outs.

Unbelievably loud amp. Unbelievably solid. This is no light weight in either power or physical weight. 

This is 110v but comes with a hi power 240/100 converter. imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a

518F8C13-85E5-430E-858A-495F256C405D.jpeg

3DA00597-C9B8-41CA-B93E-5414467A20D7.jpeg

EF2DDBC8-0B6B-4B63-B3B9-C81DD8E25529.jpeg

B4B3D154-2766-4197-B479-400C35948824.jpeg

1E44B003-14DA-49AD-9224-41401D359716.jpeg

09508DBA-A7E3-4B45-8C3B-DE29A2669A63.jpeg

2786B4AF-E8EB-4FDC-A9FE-79460747AD59.jpeg

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
topic title reinstated
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ped said:

Love this. Is there any way it can be internally modified to accept UK voltage? 

I’m sure it wouldn’t be too much of an issue as the amp is based on the CS 800 power amp which had 240 clout transformers in. 

4 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

Never seen one of these before. Don't need a amp but very intrigued to how how it sounds? Looks cool btw

Thanks it is a beast. It’s a very flexible amp, with the pre and post input gain you can go from clean to growly tone and the eq being 8 band gives tons of flexibility. It almost has a valves sound to it if you drive the pre. 

• 2 weeks later...

WOW that's amazing. I bought my Peavey Mk4 in early 80's but i've never seen one of them before. Looks the biz.

Pretty sure the technology from that era would allow a fairly simple transformer change out to 230V or possibly the existing one has tap change already on it. For a global company like Peavey that would make a lot of sense and they were the amps to have back in the 80's.

GLWTS

Dave

• Like 1

On 05/06/2019 at 16:50, dmccombe7 said:

Pretty sure the technology from that era would allow a fairly simple transformer change out to 230V or possibly the existing one has tap change already on it. For a global company like Peavey that would make a lot of sense and they were the amps to have back in the 80's.

GLWTS

Dave

Funny you should say that. The guy who I’ve been speaking to used to be Marshall’s  R&D tech and he said exactly the same. He’s going to look at it next week. Either way the step down transformer works a treat. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave, this is the original message Isent to you, but  was not signed in!! I've just recuperated it....

Simon Kallend <[email protected]>

11:26 (il y a 1 heure)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
À Basschat
cleardot.gif

Hi David, well...its a long (and boring for you) story but I'll try to be brief! I'm an old Peavey amp freak and as I said I NEED this amp....I'm a welder and live in the south of France ( In the town of Manosque. Post code: 04100), we're not all rich tourists!! Lol!
Don't panic...It's easy to send, just it all in bubble wrap an cardboard, tape the bugger up, scrawl FRAGILE everywhere weigh it and tell me how much I owe you. It's the same as if you sent it to Brighton! (Where abouts are you in England?) I can pay you by Paypal, bank draught (is that how you spell it?!! Lol!) or another way?... Anyway its not rocket science, I know full well the power side is bassed on a CS800 and basically the preamp side is the preamp from a Peavey 100 bass combo so it weighs a f**kin' ton! Lol! Anyway bla bla bla! lol! Please please do it! In our groupe we do SRV, Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet etc. And I'm sick of fighting with 2 or sometimes 3!! gutarists Marshall  100's Lol! I'd like to prepare a little surprise for 'em.....Old fart style ;) ....Cheers & all the best, Simon.
(Hope it persuedes you to send it!!)
  • Like 1

Hi Dave thanks for the quick and great reply, you've made my year!! Yes I would like the transformer as well please, it's part of the amps history ; ) I don't want to start butchering it.... I've been to Newcastle a few times, we all went off on bikes (motorbikes!) and had a great time up north, (I'm from Brighton) good laughs, great people...and great pubs! :)....Anyway I'm wandering off...So my name and adresse is: Simon Kallend, Montée d'lubac, 18 Les balcons du soleil, 04100 Manosque.   Email: [email protected]     Portable (cell 'phone) 0631801895 but I expect you'll need a code of some sort from England but don't hesitate to contact me one way or another. Well thanks again & speak to you soon! All the best Simon.