Why become a member? ×

Squier Bullet Bass '84

Pretty scarce bullet bass from the highly regarded SQ series. This is the Japanese version with the mustang style pickup:

CcY6zk5.jpg

lU4Tvxk.jpg

AiLTh8z.jpg

TMuEWm1.jpg

UNQCZp8.jpg

1kWwe4m.jpg

gU0ZkEx.jpg

3Vyf61X.jpg

q4rXcBs.jpg

This longscale bullet bass plays great. It has a very nice neck that plays great with a low action. The sound is in the ball park of a precision bass, but somewhat more mid orientated in comparison to my former fender P. 

For its age, the bass looks great. It has a few dings and a lot of fine surface scratching, but nothing serious. It actually looks pretty good. The pickup was not working when I got it, so I had one coil rewound. As you can see there are 2 holes where a thumbrest had been mounted in the past. 

This bullet plays and sounds great. Unplugged you feel that it resonates nicely. It is a pretty light bass, weighing in at 3,8kg on my kitchen scale. 

I'm sure I will regret the sale at one point, but I just don't take it out much due to other preferences when playing with the band. 

Price: €550 (which is about £485 nowadays)

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but I am happy to ship within the Europe/UK at buyers expense and risk. Costs will be from around €35 and up, depending on insurance. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 2

• ped locked this topic