Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Now only £750!!!! - Gibson Les Paul bass
£850
Hertford

Sparky Mark

SOLD - Beautiful Honeyburst Gibson Les Paul bass. Final inspection card dates it March 5th, 2000.

Mahogany body and neck with ebony fingerboard, mother of pearl trapezoid inlays and bound maple top. TB Plus pickups. Weight 10lbs according to me stepping on and off of digital bathroom scales many many times but could be a few ounces lighter or heavier. Tapping with knuckles on both top and back indicate this has hollow chambers designed to lighten the weight. For a slab bass sized body of mahogany this is not too heavy.

There are a couple of small knocks which I have photographed and some light bucklerash to the back which I couldn't get to show. The white lines that go from one of the knocks towards the binding are just reflections, not scratches. Any questions or additional photos please ask, cheers.

£850 £750 collected or local meet up from Hertford. 

Thanks for looking. 

The white lines running from the lower knock to the front of the bass are just reflections, not scratches. 

Edited by Sparky Mark
SOLD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KarlWhite said:

any chance of postage?

I suppose it could be if you are prepared to arrange it. I would pack very securely and take to a courier depot (I wouldn't want to hang around my home waiting for a courier to collect).

• 2 weeks later...

That is a lot of bass for the money! I have the same bass and its awesome. The output is huge and you can get a nice slap or finger tone from it...its a beast and looks amazing. Possibly one of the most underrated basses about and generally gets put down by fender only fanatics who are scared to try anything else and jump on the band wagon. I have a drop D on mine and although its slightly heavier then some basses I find a good strap sorts that... I have a Stones one which is perfect for this bass.  

GLWTS dude, its crazy that this is still here at the original price but whoever buys this is in for a real treat!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, I sold this bass to Mark way back when in a GAS fueled rampage!

When I PM'd Mark to look to but it back he says:

Sorry Jon, that's not allowed under the EU control of GAS Regulations. Rules are there to be broken however so I'll let you buy it on the proviso I get first refusal if you decide to move her on again 

What a legend and no problem Mark, thanks again.