Why become a member? ×

1992 Freddie Mercury Concert on Pick

Lozz196

As above, the AIDS benefit gig from 1992 on Pick TV at the moment , many different guest vocalists singing Queens best but as well as all that a great chance to listen to John Deacons effortless and sublime bass playing.

• Like 1

I remember that concert, brings a tear to my eye to see the talent we have lost but what a legacy of incredible music to leave behind!

John D, Roger T and Brian M were phenomenal - many of the guest vocalists couldn’t get close to covering the ground but each and every one put their all into it.

A beautiful moment and fitting tribute.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Raslee said:

Love watching this as I was there and our banner was showed a couple of times throughout the footage. I remember needing a pee 😂

Yay! I was there too Raslee! The TV footage never seemed to do the vibe of the concert justice but it is great that the show was captured for posterity.

On 25/05/2019 at 22:22, TheGreek said:

I watched a bit earlier. Robert Plant's lacklustre performance reminded me how good Freddie was...

On 25/05/2019 at 22:28, KiOgon said:

Couldn't agree more, RIP Freddie 💗

With the greatest respect, Robert Plant’s delivery was different but I think lacklustre is a little strong. I think there were other vocal interpretations on the day far more worthy of negative comment. Nobody could compare to Freddie but I don’t feel Mr Plant let himself down tbh.