Why become a member? ×

Critique A Bass Player Wanted Ad

Bluewine

Critique an ad. What would be the pros and cons for you. It sounds decent for a guy looking for work.

1.Six-piece Modern Rock/Modern Country/Pop cover band is looking for bassists. We're a dance/party band and play modern favorites that light up the dance floor.

2.We're open to adding new material so bring your set lists, let's see what we can do together!

3.We have connections to several booking agencies to keep us busy. Our agencies land us bookings in both Milwaukee and The Fox Valley areas. Our goal is to gig 2-3 times a month, we'd like to practice once a week at our drummer's home in Grafton (night is flexible, but usually during the week so as to not interfere with our weekends). 

4.We have played some of the Wisconsin's most sought after venues including Summerfest and Lambeau Field. We are looking to get someone up to speed as soon as possible in order to continue rocking Wisconsin! 
Email us if you’rec interested - send us your video and/or audio.

Blue

10 hours ago, BreadBin said:

I can't see anything wrong with that.

Free practice, drums already set up is a plus. No signs of either delusion or megalomania in the ad.

Are you going for it?

I don't think so, I know the local market and agency or not there's only so many what I consider high pay gigs. They usually go to the top 2 bands the agency handles, not those on the 4 the rung and below.

Most local bar bands struggle to pay 4 members. I would think having a steady flow of gigs where you can afford to pay 6 members might be tough.

In terms of gigs I'm set for the summer.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

9 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

The bit that worries me is ‘looking for bassists’.

Unless it’s a typo, I’d want to be THE bassist if I was successful in audition. I get the fact that a band may want a dep they can rely on should I be unavailable, but it’s an odd turn of phrase.

Other than that, it looks all good to me. Playing those venues though blue, surely you most know the band anyway?

Or is it an advert you’ve written for someone to replace you?

Good point, I think bassists might be a type o, but something I would ask about.

Blue

"4.We have played some of the Wisconsin's most sought after venues including Summerfest and Lambeau Field"

I've played headliner stages at Summerfest for the past 8 years. I'd ask when was the last time you played Summerfest and what stage did you perform on. There are some " no pay" small off the beaten path stages at Summerfest.

I'd also ask if they played Lambeau Field or the parking lot. I didn't know Lambeau was a sought after venue for local bands. Paul McCartney is booked there this summer.

blue

Edited by Bluewine

1 hour ago, Bluewine said:

Yeah, The Fox Valley would be a 2 hour commute one way.

. . . . plus getting from Surrey to Milwaukee.. . . and back again!

I was meaning for me!!!

Edited by chris_b
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

If we're reading between the lines - they don't have a set, or any gigs, or even a regular rehearsal night. They just have goals, apparently.

Good observation. Some might say they outlined "wish list". You have to be carful with " we've done this or that" and "we want to do this or that" what are the chances any of it will happen?

And you guys know what they say. Legit money making opportunities with a Tive bands are rarely publicly advertised.

Blue