Why become a member? ×

The Box PA Speakers

BobBracker2222

On 10/06/2019 at 15:24, Stub Mandrel said:

I feel sorry for the guy, he's branded a troll when I can't help feeling its the '15" speakers are for discos' and 'you need to look at the SPL not the wattage' posts that are putting him in a spin.

Er, sorry, this post shows where it's all gone off the rails in the past - is that really someone who's just trying to sort out a PA system?

He had so much well meaning input, and this happened a few times in a few different places.  Thankfully, most of the more bizarre and personal attacks have been removed by mods.

Sadly, it's made me much more suspicious - generally with good cause...

That post is a very interesting read. However, to take the positives from this:

1. Many people will have learned a great deal Re PA and mixers by following the thread.

2. What a fabulous bunch of people on BC ready and willing to share advice freely.

Thanks to all who contributed.

That post is a very interesting read. However, to take the positives from this:

1. Many people will have learned a great deal Re PA and mixers by following the thread.

2. What a fabulous bunch of people on BC ready and willing to share advice freely.

Thanks to all who contributed.

this

Edited by bumnote

As a general point not directed at the original poster.

In other forums I have come across several situations where someone has learning difficulties, autism, Asperger's syndrome, stress/mental health issues, loneliness, or being bullied. These can all manifest themselves in ways that are difficult for people to cope with, particularly on forums like this where there seems to be a highly developed forum etiquette.

As an admin I have learnt the story behind threads from upset people messaging me to say they are leaving the forum "because...".

Looking back at the threads in question it's usually easy to see where things have gone wrong and escalated into mutual indignation.

Back to the current thread, looking at the post linked above, I can't help thinking the point about spending on the gear just to wind people up was an attempt at irony and not literal. The guff at the end suggests to me the guy is troubled and angry rather than deeply malicious. The video, whatever you thought of it, did not feel like a fake.

Edited by Stub Mandrel