Why become a member? ×

Films where music artistes/songs are dissed

Watched 40 Year Old Virgin last night in which the Paul Rudd store salesman character says  'If I hear Yah Mo B There one more time I'm gonna Yah Mo burn this place to the ground' . Of course it is one of the most irritatingly shyte songs ever.  And then there's the Dude's (understandable) loathing of The Eagles in 'The Big Lebowski'. Just wondering if there are any other films where music artistes are on the end of a derisive comment.

One of the greatest films of all time!! School of Rock!! The bit when Jack Black is talking to the class about musical influences - 

Dewey: Look, the first thing you do when you start a rock band is talk about your influences. That's how you figure out what kind of band to be. So who do you like? Blondie?
Marta: Christina Aguilera.
Dewey: Who? No! Come on. What? You, Shortstop.
Leonard: Puff Daddy.
Dewey: Wrong. Billy?
Billy: Liza Minnelli?
Dewey: What are you...? You guys! This project is called "Rock Band". I'm talking about bands that rock. Led Zeppelin. [the class gives him blank stares] Don't tell me you guys have never got the Led out. Jimmy Page, Robert Plant? Ring any bells? What about Sabbath? AC/DC? Motörhead? Oh, what do they teach in this place?!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Monkey Steve said:

From Goldfinger:

My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done; such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs

He's right you know... :D

Trainspotting:

Sick Boy: It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life.
Mark: What do you mean?
Sick Boy: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed.
Mark: Lou Reed, some of his solo stuff's not bad.
Sick Boy: No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.

• Like 2

On 24/05/2019 at 14:31, Barking Spiders said:

Yah Mo B There ...

Of course it is one of the most irritatingly shyte songs ever.  

This will never be true of anything that has Michael McDonald singing on it.

5 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Am I going against the grain by saying I cant stand his voice and that he ruined the Doobie Brothers?

I like his voice, but it’s so distinctive that the DBs sounded like an MM backing band. Any of those tracks could’ve been from MM’s solo album.