Why become a member? ×

Svt-ii pro opinions

la bam

Beast of an amp in sound and in weight. An expensive re-tube (6x6550 power tubes), though luckily I never owned one, only used one on a few gigs over the years. Graphic EQ makes the amp a bit more flexible than some other all valve amps which just have a bass, middle, treble EQ (like my Trace Elliot V6). I much preferred the II Pro to the SVT Classic for that reason. Though if someone offered my a SVT Classic I wouldn't exactly say no either... 

One of my all time favourites, but my back disagreed. I gigged one solidly for probably 15 years in a rack set up. Never let me down once. I’d love another but it wouldn’t ever leave the house 😂.

I paired mine with non-Ampeg cabs and the whole stack sounded massive.

Owned two of them, an early 2000's SVT2 Pro, (gun metal grey fascia), and a mid '90's model (black fascia). When working, a truly fine amp, when not, a total ballache to fix (assuming you can find anyone with the knowledge and willingness to tackle one...).
My '90's model was by far the superior amp, much more reliable, and better build quality, I sold it years ago. purely because of the weight of the thing, (and due to complaints from the guitarist in my band at the time...). Fantastic at giving you "That sound", and much more versatisle than you'd think, given that it's tagged primarily as a rock amp.                           My biggest complaint was that it doesn't develop the true Ampeg tone at low levels, it has to be pushed, otherwise it sounds very ordinary to my ears. The Pro2 has the Drive knob, which gives it more life, but it still has to be used at higher volumes.....