Why become a member? ×

NSD - (custom leather strap)

ped

I always like to get a strap to match each of my basses. I was kind of looking for something a tiny bit more 'rock and roll' than my usual, but found most of the straps on offer a bit too covered with skulls or crosses for my liking. Then I came across a guy on Etsy who makes nice straps to order, normally with tooled details on the strap (like bullet holes, patterns, etc). I asked him to make me a plain one and it came today, I'm really happy with it! Plain black, really nice leather, non adjustable (he'll make whatever length you want) and altogether great value. 

Cheers

ped

EPSN2754.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes sorry here’s the guy:

I found it after looking for ‘leather guitar strap’ and going through tons of pages looking for what I wanted. Good thing about etsy is that if you see something vaguely similar most people will do you a one off. This was cheaper than his usual because it doesn’t have the tooling along the length. I think it was about £40

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Zutopiart?ref=s2-header-shopname&listing_id=400603561

• Like 1

Was all set to get a decent strap, then I came over all Yorkshire again (I'm down south by mistake). So got 2 (yep, two) Levy's 3" webbing straps from G4M for about 12 quid each. Very basic humble they are, dead pleased. If plain n simple appeals, I'd recommend these - light, comfy, no metal bits to scratch the bass.

• Like 1

Mine came in the other day. It’s a Levy’s too, of the padded leather variety... I believe the 2” type. (The bass straps are just too wide and warm.) 

It seems the ideal adjustment will forever be right in between the available slots, but other than that it’s really nice and comfy. Smells great too. :)

30 minutes ago, Danuman said:

The bass straps are just too wide and warm.

Good point - the 3" is really wide so spreads the weight, but it might get toasty under there. Mislaid my leather strap of many years, it was perfect. Fifty quid for a strap gives me a headache, I can buy a reasonable combo for that :)

• Haha 1

I think it’s worth it, but I agree it’s quite a chunk of cash. A significant amount of my straps, however, were handed down to me through the ineffable workings of the universe... (even a few pretty nice ones!) 

Incidentally, so were all of my umbrellas. :P

• Haha 1