Why become a member? ×

Best bass reverb - advice please

Burns-bass

Hi all, I'm primarily a DB player but I've shifted (out of necessity) at some gigs and practices to using an EUB, despite some reservations.

I'm sorted with a Fishman pre and some nice effects looped in, but I'd like a decent and organic reverb to add to the chain and complete it. I used to use a Boss pedal with electric bass, which was nice enough, but didn't sound that natural. 

I don't want to sound like Jaco on an EUB, I just want to introduce a little more of the beautiful reverb that characterises a 'proper' upright which I hope I can get with a pedal.

Can people recommend me what they think could work here? 

I picked up a Biyang RV-10 Tri-Reverb last year and it's fantastic. It has Hall, Spring and Room options with an A / B option for each; A is generally more intense and bright, while B is a bit "darker" (can't think of a better word!).

Chinese made in an aluminium body - not plastic - and really affordable.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rikki_Sixx said:

I picked up a Biyang RV-10 Tri-Reverb last year and it's fantastic. It has Hall, Spring and Room options with an A / B option for each; A is generally more intense and bright, while B is a bit "darker" (can't think of a better word!).

I had one of these for a while. Can't fault it for the price.

• Like 1

Rather than look for a good sounding reverb I’d be looking for some with specific features, namely the ability to bypass certain frequency bands (so for example you can add some reverb to the high mids but bypass the bass end). That sounds great on bass. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ped said:

Rather than look for a good sounding reverb I’d be looking for some with specific features, namely the ability to bypass certain frequency bands (so for example you can add some reverb to the high mids but bypass the bass end). That sounds great on bass. 

That does sound interesting. What pedals offer this?

On 24/05/2019 at 11:49, Rikki_Sixx said:

I did that last week. I'm genuinely surprised by the range and quality of the sounds available.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to be late to this - there was some confusion over this vid - it wasn't the MXR that I was demoing with the HPF, it was a patch I'd built in the MOD Duo - the MXR has a HPF built in to some patches via the Tone knob, which just sweeps through a range of different filter parameters depending on the Reverb you've got selected, but you can't control the frequency... Right at the start of the clip chosen there you can see me choosing the patch in the MOD Duo... Scott just missed that bit ;) 

• Like 1