Why become a member? ×

Nightmare Party Gig

Stealth

Tomorrow is my nightmare God outdoors no PA support raised scaffold stage. I use a microtubes 500 with a TC RS212. Rear ported. Punk covers and original. Cant. Help thinking I might need more umph any ideas

Edited by Stealth

Hi Merton

Thank a lot for the kind offer top cheap award for you.

I just went with it and to my surprise it was OK pretty much on the limit of what one 2x12 TC will do but got away with it.

• Like 1

Glad you go through it ok :)

I did a gig in a marquee last weekend and the drummer complained that I wasn’t loud enough with my Ashdown/Barefaced rig. I was plenty loud enough, but he wanted more. Thankfully our soundman is also a bassist and he had an Epifani 112 in his car, so we plugged that in as well. It was very definitely loud enough after that.

Outdoors with rear ported cabs can sometimes be a pain; after reason something on the old Bassworld site I used to stick the desk’s flightcase about a foot behind my old Trace V-Type Combo if there wasn’t a solid wall just to give a chance for that to reflect forwards again. No idea if it actually made a difference but psychologically it did 🤣

• Like 1