Why become a member? ×

SOLD - PLEASE WITHDRAW
£850
Letchworth, United Kingdom

StormyLukeJ

Musicman Sterling Bass With Status Graphite Neck. Condition is Very good, however any marks photographed.6205A8D7-7B20-45C9-9CDC-2F4FAE699764.thumb.jpeg.f7a265b10eac4bdbc27459ea60f64a05.jpeg

Delano pickups and pre-amp allowing for some excellent sound shaping.

Switch for changing between passive and active

Status graphite neck, chip on first fret cannot feel when playing and a few small marks on headstock 

Sterling by Musicman body with custom paint job. Bridge and neckplate also Indonesian made.

Has just been professionally set up and new Elixir strings strung. 

Comes with official musicman sterling case

Plays well and sounds great however I prefer 4 string basses!

Open to offers and trades with cash either way! Must have 4 strings though!

fond of Jazz basses, Warwick Thumbs and Status basses

3F1D24B0-D34F-419E-8E37-4E4BDCF027C1.jpeg

55DAB3AC-24AC-442B-8C3B-CE3B00758649.jpeg

591C161F-F97D-4644-9897-EE78F63B7D65.jpeg

E1825C0F-61A7-4F3D-87D9-708DF5686B31.jpeg

88E44A2A-1A8B-47CC-B0EF-8515AF35909F.jpeg

6876173F-E39F-4E29-8D4E-0C458221F378.jpeg

116121FC-ACE0-4423-8DB8-21ED6FF21D5B.jpeg

Edited by StormyLukeJ
Updated Info
  • Like 1

Nice, although perhaps somewhat an acquired taste! Being half French, and this looking like the Tricolore (from the back anyway!) it could be of interest, though I fear I don't have much in the way of 4 strings for trade bait! 

Sorry for not weighing the bass we’ve just moved and we don’t have any scales!

another bass chatter contacted me and asked about the authenticity of it being a USA made Sterling. This was the basis of why I bought it. I’ve spoken to MM and they have confirmed the body, bridge and neck plate are Indonesian made. 

Although I will now lose money on this sale I am going to update the advert and price to reflect this.

i don’t want someone else falling into the trap I have.

So this sold on eBay on 17/04/2019 for £595. The description states it is an Ernie Ball 'Stirling' with no mention to it being a USA body. Looks like it was sold by a know fellow BassChatter. Nowt wrong with the description in my eyes. If it was you that bought it, I'm not sure how you're losing money by asking £725. Not to derail you ad, and you are entitled to ask what you want and turn a fair profit, but a few things appear to be distortions of the truth! 

20190529_205900.thumb.jpg.1aa9aa0728cbaa5fa6e0bf761ff538af.jpg

Thanks for bringing this up. It was this ad however I've had an extensive set up on it and a new set of elixirs which take it above the mentioned price.

I remember it saying USA body however if not, my bad and my mistake!

As mentioned, you bought it, it's your bass, you can ask whatever price you want, no judgement at all on that. Just more that it was never advertised as a USA so some might think you advertising it as such was to get a higher price. If it's a genuine misunderstanding that's now been rectified, then no issues and good luck with the sale! 

Thank you for your help with this.

When buying it I thought it was a USA made body. It turns out it isn't so that's my mistake.

I don't want to rip anyone off and certainly do not want to falsely advertise. 

Again it's still for sale and I'm open to offers and trades.

Interesting that - it’s  been about a bit that bass. The picture of it on the rug is from my sale. You can see my Tele bass in the background. I sold it previous to you buying it on eBay my description and pictures clearly showing it as a Sterling as did this sale - I can say it’s a fantastic pro bass and certainly worth the asking price. I just didn’t get on with the five strings so sold it on quickly and cheaply. Good luck with the sale. Hopefully it will find a permanent home! PS it was absolutely covered in stickers when I bought it that took a lot of effort to clean off. 

My thoughts exactly. 

I have many a time sold things for more than I've paid for them, it's simply business. But I've never hidden the fact or glazed my sale with misrepresentations of the truth.

Buy anything, sell it for whatever you want, that's business, no problems, but do it fairly and honestly. This forum has a tendency to quickly identify dishonesty.

Thank you both for your comments. 

Im glad the forum can indenting dishonesty as I do not want to be dishonest. I have no interest In being dishonest. 

The prices you’ve mentioned are pretty accurate in terms of set up. I’m also including postage on the above price to the UK inc insurance. Which I should have mentioned.

Again I understand it looks suspicious however I have 0 interest in scamming/lying/robbing anyone.

im just here on the forum to help sell this instrument as I have my eye on something else

cheers 

This sale advert has become a bit messy and although some of the comments are well meaning, please refrain, it's against the rules to comment on pricing etc. 

Please either contact one of the moderating team or use the private message facility to converse with the seller.

Will leave this advert open for now but it will get closed if we feel it necessary.

• Thanks 1