Why become a member? ×

Hokum , Habit and Headwear

stewblack

On 23/05/2019 at 14:11, mikel said:

I have a deep aversion to "musicians" wearing hats, mainly pub/covers bands. My current band agreed in its infancy that hats and waistcoat's were a definite no-no. Nothing screams "Old geezers trying too hard" than a hat and a waistcoat.

Josie_Twitter.jpg

• Like 4

On 23/05/2019 at 13:04, Rich said:

Bootsy must be permanently cold. Poor chap. If only his nan would knit him a nice cardigan.

bootsy.thumb.jpg.73918088fee82997f2a6aba31a9891ea.jpg

Cool.

Not cold.

As in epitome of cool 😎

Bootsy could wear a boiler suit & a welding mask, and would still be da funk 🤩

3 hours ago, mikel said:

Not if you see some old geezers setting up and doing sound check, and having a pre gig pint, sans headware. Then doing the gig hatted.

You need to learn your hat etiquette.

It is customary for a man to remove his hat when indoors as it is worn as an item of utility. A woman wears a hat as part of her outfit, so may keep it on indoors.

However, once performing the hat is part of the stage outfit and may be worn indoors.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

You need to learn your hat etiquette.

It is customary for a man to remove his hat when indoors as it is worn as an item of utility. A woman wears a hat as part of her outfit, so may keep it on indoors.

However, once performing the hat is part of the stage outfit and may be worn indoors.

Proof of the pudding, its old geezers saying "Look at me I wear a hat, therefore I'm a musician. Pass my waistcoat" :biggrin: