Why become a member? ×

EUB Stand

DanOwens

Hi everyone,

So I bought the cheap SLB100 off the classifieds here as a better bridge between my EUB and upright playing, but there's the bass and a bow and that's it.

I'm getting a bag custom built for it, but I'm after a stand. Do you have experience of the EUB stands on the market? Stagg? K&M? Kinman? Ingles?

Do you use any with an SLB100?

I just want somewhere to prop my bass when not in use. 

Thanks for your input and wisdom!

Please see my thread searching for a case here: 

Edited by DanOwens

I use my old Stagg stand for my SLB 200 and I assume it would work for the SLB 100 also. It came with a Stagg EUB I had and when I sold the Stagg I kept the stand.It is a lot cheaper than the Yamaha stand and I have used it at home and many gigs and had no problems.

You got a great deal on the Yamaha,I hope it works out for you. I love my SLB 200 and use it for rehearsals and a few gigs where space is too tight for my DB.

Edited by Staggering on

2 hours ago, Staggering on said:

I use my old Stagg stand for my SLB 200 and I assume it would work for the SLB 100 also.

You got a great deal on the Yamaha,I hope it works out for you. I love my SLB 200 and use it for rehearsals and a few gigs where space is too tight for my DB.

Thanks for your input! I’m currently using a NS CR4M on most gigs as we rarely play places with enough space for the doghouse. 

Id like to replace the NS with the Yamaha but at the mo Yamaha are refusing me a replacement bridge and I have no stand or case. Just gotta keep telling myself it was a bargain!!

Is the Stagg stand the generic ‘EDB’ thing or is it something other?

Yup, it's the EDB stand made for the Stagg. I'm in Canada but I just saw it on the Thomann UK site at a reasonable price, cheaper than it would be here.It is relatively heavy (to me that's good thing) and can be folded up into a reasonable size although I see in reviews that some people complain about the size. It worked for me with my Stagg and is great for use with my SLB 200. 

What is the problem with the bridge? In the photos when it was posted for sale the bridge looks OK. I have had some difficulties trying to get information from Yamaha on this side of the Atlantic also, in my case I was trying to find out what gauge strings they use and also some details about the preamp.You may have to see a luthier about your bridge, it seems Yamaha isn't being very helpful. I eventually got some answers but nobody at Yamaha  seemed to know much about the instrument and most of the info I needed came from other owners on this site and others.

Good luck!

Edited by Staggering on

12 hours ago, Staggering on said:

What is the problem with the bridge? In the photos when it was posted for sale the bridge looks OK.

It's fine, it's just the earlier bridge with wooden extenders; it's fiddly to adjust and I was considering a full-circle which won't fit it.

I'll get the Stagg ordered!

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2019 at 15:02, DanOwens said:

Hi everyone,

So I bought the cheap SLB100 off the classifieds here as a better bridge between my EUB and upright playing, but there's the bass and a bow and that's it.

I'm getting a bag custom built for it, but I'm after a stand. Do you have experience of the EUB stands on the market? Stagg? K&M? Kinman? Ingles?

Do you use any with an SLB100?

I just want somewhere to prop my bass when not in use. 

Thanks for your input and wisdom!

Please see my thread searching for a case here: 

Hi ,This is the Stagg stand .It is for sale but comes with a Stagg eub.😊20190427_130704.thumb.jpg.fb8e7f0164a60d090e5f6d70840f98f5.jpg