Why become a member? ×

Custom Bags / Cases

DanOwens

Hi everyone,

I've been chatting to Trifibre about them building me a bag for an EUB and so far they're proving pretty good. Has anyone any experience requesting a custom bag from these guys, or have you used someone else that you can recommend?

Ideally I'm after a bag, but any transportation solution ideas will be welcomed!

A few companies came back to me: Swan Flight, Trifibre, HS Bags and Potterton Pacs have said they could do it for me. Looking at their previous work, Trifibre are a strong leader. Swan Flight were suggesting a CNC cut foam inner to a flight case but that might be a bit overkill for my needs. I'll update this thread but I've made no decisions yet.

I have always thought about getting LeBlond to make a lightweight but solid case. Trifibre do the LeBlond kind of thing. One of those with a CNC cut innner would be all you need unless someone else is chucking it into the back of an Artic every night. What is the EUB? I have my NS in an Explorer case which is great. Not sure of the model number but this kind of thing - https://www.explorercases.com/en/products/15416/15416-b-copolymer-polypropylene-waterproof-case/

1 hour ago, owen said:

I do realise that neither of these are a bag!

I'm not stuck on it being a bag, but I'd prefer it. I'd rather have a simple, reliable solution more than anything!

It's the Yamaha SLB100 I picked up from the classifieds. There's no bag and Yamaha want £500 for their official softcase but the reviews are poor. Custom might prove to be the best solution since it's 170cm long with the endpin retracted.

I would be seriously tempted to get LeBlond to make a plain rectangular box to size for it and fill it with foam. The box would not weigh that much. Once it is full of bass you could rivet handles/straps onto it so that it balances correctly. 

36 minutes ago, owen said:

I would be seriously tempted to get LeBlond to make a plain rectangular box to size for it and fill it with foam. The box would not weigh that much. Once it is full of bass you could rivet handles/straps onto it so that it balances correctly. 

Thanks, Owen. Are the LeBlond cases good? They don't look like much!