Why become a member? ×

Getting together with my old band

thebigyin

Went to see my old Guitarist in his band on Saturday night and our Bassist was there as well (I was Frontman/Vocalist) we all got chatting and all agreed we'd like to get together again for a jam and see were it goes...unfortunately we parted company in 2011 because our Drummer was in so many bands it was causing friction, we tried to find a replacement but to no avail and we all went our separate ways, we have all toyed with re-forming in the past but nothing came of it, but now myself and the Bassist have been bandless for quite sometime the Guitarist is with his band but in my opinion wasted in them, so fingers crossed we'll get together and see how things go and hopefully re-form.

• Like 2

You couldn't replace a drummer?!?!

Good luck with the plans.

My school band had 30 and 35 year reunion gigs, that went pretty well. The problems I had which ended my involvement with the band were still there, but these days I'm better at dealing with that kind of person.

Anyway, there won't be any more gigs since several of the guys have died. We just meet ups occasionally for a few beers and a meal.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chris_b said:

You couldn't replace a drummer?!?!

Good luck with the plans.

My school band had 30 and 35 year reunion gigs, that went pretty well. The problems I had which ended my involvement with the band were still there, but these days I'm better at dealing with that kind of person.

Anyway, there won't be any more gigs since several of the guys have died. We just meet ups occasionally for a few beers and a meal.

We parted on decent terms and all remained friends I meet up regular with the Bassist for a few jars....just hoping we can keep Stan our Guitarist keen. Drummers in Grimsby are like hens teeth.

Edited by thebigyin
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Going well....started with a get together a few weeks ago for a jam just Vocals, Guitar and Bass we now have a drummer lined up so fingers crossed hopefully get the odd cancelation gig this year and a few next year....really pleased to be back in a band.

• Like 3