Why become a member? ×

A Status that needs a closer look...

It's listed as 'For parts or not working'.

"Woven carbon graphite and selected exotic woods are combined to create a bass which sounds even better than it looks. It has a wide, even frequency response with huge dynamics and sustain."

Perhaps after you spend another grand on a full refurb.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Status-S2-Classic-Trace-Elliot-Custom-Electric-Bass-Guitar/293040183537

Edited by lowregisterhead

Doesn't look like it is, though - a lot of these marks look like the bass has been abused and battered - the cracking around the control area looks like it's the result of an impact, as do the big fractures on the back near the bases of top & bottom horns. Pretty confident there's wood damage there.  In the unlikely event it's not been kicked half to death the only thing I can think of that would result in this sort of cracking would be use of inadequately seasoned wood, which over the years has expanded or contracted under what looks like very thick poly lacquer.

Either way, it's enormously overpriced.

Think Mark Gooday of Ashdown is selling this - it’s an ex promotional bass, bet it us some great stories along with it.

still, I think it’d be better if Rob Green sorted it within reason before it sold.

dunno. Bit of British bass history...in a way.

16 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Yeah, this is annoying, I messaged a couple times when it was on reverb for some more info, but radio silence - poor show 

Hi cuzzie, I was at Ashdown last week, and mark is there most of the time, if you message them direct I’m sure he would answer any questions, they are a nice bunch of guys, 🙂

• 1 month later...