Why become a member? ×

Finished Pics! Psilos Phoenix Dreadnought Acoustic

Andyjr1515

I passed this over to Matt today  :)

I'm pleased and relieved in equal measure to report that he is very, very pleased with it :party:

He will do some proper videos of him playing it sometime in the future but, in the meantime, I grabbed these quick mobile-phone clips of his first go with it, as they say, 'straight out of the box':

https://youtu.be/-Bckzvnup7I

https://youtu.be/4qQ9iHK22IE

Well chuffed.... :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Maude said:

Tell him to stop bloody hitting it. 😯😆

It sounds lovely. Will the sound change as it all settles in so to speak, or are they pretty stable as soon as they're built? 

Haha! :)

Yes, the sound will noticeably improve over the first three months or so of playing as the top loosens up.  Some commefcial builders put a multi-frequency vibration plate on the top to accelerate this process.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I did promise to post the link when Matt finally got round to doing a proper video playing his dreadnought.

And here it is.  As always with these things, best through headphones :)

Assuming you do like it, remember to 'Like' it - pro & semi-pro musicians need all the help we can give them in these unusual times

Thanks for looking 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had this playing on speakers and stepped away from the computer just as it reached the end of the piece. A few seconds of silence and it started playing again. Except that youtube had decided to follow up Matt's recording with a version played by Pat Metheny himself. I didn't notice that it was a different clip until I got back to the monitor a couple of minutes later!

Congratulations to you both and thanks for posting the clip.

• Thanks 1

That Pat Metheny one is through the K&K Pure Mini and an external Yamaha stereo mic into his DAW interface.  With the Pure Mini, it's pretty much how it sounds unplugged.

He's just published this, which is the LR Baggs Anthem (both systems are fitted with independent outputs) and the same Yamaha mic, again plugged directly into his DAW interface.  He's a great player:

Edited by Andyjr1515
  • Like 2