Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender USA Precision Special 1982 Candy Apple Red incl OHSC!!
£1617
Netherlands

Fender Precision Special 1982

NtniFgh.jpg

Lovely '82 Precision Special, made in the USA. This is a more versatile version of the traditional P bass, with an added 2eq preamp. In passive mode, the special works just like any other precision. Though in active mode, this bass can add something special by tweaking the high and low frequencies. 

The neck has a wide 44mm profile and feels great imo. 

x8kV5Ng.jpg

2E2Qc6x.jpg

wmZ7EJp.jpg

yK0kMMR.jpg

xeg4lNx.jpg

LQXLKQK.jpg

hr2MtSq.jpg

nP7AKmf.jpg

iftdW2H.jpg

76jCyeT.jpg

l1OaOdC.jpg

PnRza33.jpg

AJ1oYB4.jpg

tL8Klge.jpg

This Fender is almost 40 years old, so it has gathered its lacquer damages from use throughout the years. The candy apple red lacquer also has gotten matte, which is not unusual for car finishes from this era. Technically the bass is all good functioning with a straight and adjustable neck and electronics that work like they should. The center position of the bass eq knob doesn't feel very clear, though this should be fixable by tightening the back of the pot (so I was told). Its fully functional though. 

It is a great playing and great sounding Precision, which will be suitable for many styles. The bass has been set up with fresh Sadowsky 45-105 stainless strings. 

The original hardcase is included. It is missing one latch, but is fine otherwise. 

Asking price: €1.850 

The bass is located in the Netherlands, but can be shipped within Europe/UK at buyers risk/costs. Shipping rates can go from €35 and up, depending on the insured amount. 

I will listen to partial trade offers! A good Stingray (preferably early 90s w lacquered neck) may have my special attention. Further you may feel free to tempt me. 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees
  • Like 1

• Rich locked this topic