Why become a member? ×

Damn you Facebook Marketplace notifications

Guest MoJo

Guest MoJo

I received a notification this morning that a guy in Liverpool was selling a Sunburst Mexican Fender Precision with crackly electrics, a stand and a strap for £200! Then I saw the 'Posted 14 hours ago' and my heart sank. I'd be about four hundred and seventy-eighth in line for it by now. In vane, I contacted the seller who informed me that he'd had a lot of interest (no surprise there) and someone was coming to look at it this morning. What is the point of telling me that something that matches my search alerts has been posted 14 hours ago? Is there anyway that I can change the settings to give me instant alerts?

Did anyone on here grab this bargain?

Edited by MoJo

Guest MoJo
50 minutes ago, owen said:

How do you get marketplace notifications?

It’s not a notification per se, more items matching a previous search. I searched on Fender Precision Bass within a 118km radius and now, every time I visit Marketplace there are ‘picks’ that match that search. I’m obviously going to have to visit Marketplace every hour, on the hour, to avoid this situation again

Guest MoJo
2 hours ago, Beedster said:

It’s a Mex Fender for £200. Am I missing something? 

Yes, you’d be lucky to see one advertised for under £350 these days. £200 is Korean Squier money