Why become a member? ×

Hello from Northern Ireland

pintspiller

Early fifties, been playing off and on for thirty years. Firstly in originals acts, lately doing covers. 

Originally a guitarist who played bass on his own songwriters demos. First to move to bass in bands when no bassist forthcoming. Eventually bassist only when I realised it was hard getting hired as a guitarist.

Sound City B50+ or Carlsbro TC40 head into Hartke Transporter 410. VM Jazz and modified Westfield P basses.

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:20, pintspiller said:

@acidbass sure do. Must be ten years since I worked there. 

I took the wife for a spin around the Sperrins about five years ago. After seeing the sights at Plum, we shopped at Home Bargains before having a bite to eat at the Coach and heading home.

Ah very good, sure it's a great town!  I was brought up just a few minutes walk from the Coach Inn.  Since moved on to Belfast and back again!  Not as much music around the town now as there was even 10 years ago but we still get by :)

@acidbass all that stuff is dying off. I'd thought of getting a two-piece together but I think it's tough for them too.

When I lived in Dungannon I used to run up to Omagh for a spin to tax the car now and then but eventually just went to Armagh coz it was closer.

Got my first soldering iron in Omagh.